In the morning of Saturday the 18th day of July 2020, we have the following that made the headlines on top breaking news around Nigeria and beyond.
1. How I lost my memory when I got to USA –Dekunle Fuji.
2. You’re under financial curse if you don’t pay tithe – Oyedepo.
3. Three policemen chasing hoodlums drown in Oyo State.
4. Akpabio hijacked NDDC forensic audit ordered by Buhari – Ex-MD, Nunieh.
5. Woman allegedly commits suicide after fighting with husband.
6. Gridlock as tankers fall on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
7. Corruption: PDP raises concerns over integrity of Magu’s probe.
8. Senate will decide on 774,000 jobs Tuesday –Abaribe.
9. COVID – 19: Reps set up c’ttee on dead frontline healthcare workers.
10. Ruling on Mompha’s application to recover assets from EFCC July 24.
11. BREAKING: Nigeria records 600 COVID-19 cases, total now 35,454.
12. Magu took his non-confirmation personal —Saraki.
13. Leeds return to EPL after 16 years.
14. Troops kill kidnap kingpin, rescue 32 hostages in Benue.
15. I received N500, food for killing six persons — Ibadan suspect.
16. How struggle by APC leaders for NDDC position triggered crisis.
17. 419: Dankofa has case to answer, Supreme Court rules.
18. Edo 2020: 35 political parties declare support for Obaseki.
19. Twitter attack was work of young hacker pals.
20. Ghana says 2,000 health workers infected by coronavirus.
21. Banditry: Zamfara offers cows for guns to halt attacks.
22. I beheaded my friend because of N13m in his account — Suspect.
23. 90-year-old man beaten to pulp in Enugu over land dispute.
24. Banditry: Group warns sponsors, promoters of insecurity to desist or be exposed.
25. NDDC: Lawyers condemn IMC for walking out on NASS.
26. FG’s House of Commotion: Acrimony lingers among top govt officials.
27. Akpabio’s uncommon trespass with Buhari’s ‘girl’
28. Mali opposition insists president must quit.
29. Thunder Strikes 86 Times In Celebration Of Wole Soyinka.
30. EFCC Chairmanship: Southerners need not apply.
31. Magu responds to allegations point by point.
32. Prepare for death with good deeds, cleric tells Muslims.
33. Ondo election: APC ‘ll conduct indirect primaries, says Bello.
34. UNICEF, Patoranking re-release Bob Marley’s ‘One Love’
35. Google to invest $10bn in India, as it becomes investment destination in pandemic.
36. Olubunmi Owoso, Former Rector for burial
37. Security: FCTA opens additional police formations in Abuja.
38. Google highlights other usefulness of Google Search.
39. Teach your children morals to curtail rape, lawyer urges parents
40. 89km Kompanin Bobi-Kasuwan Garba Road in Mariga LG
41. Army kill seven bandits, destroy hideouts in North-West
42. Civil Society Coalition mourns Flying Officer, Arotile.
43. Buratai: Our protective angel in disguise.
44. Firm hails Hon Archibong’s appointment as Commissioner in Akwa Ibom.
45. Oboh declares support for sister in Edo guber race.
46. Arsenal boss Arteta opens up on frequent omissions of Guendouzi, Ozil.
47. The Super Eagles goalkeeper, who has spent the last 18 months in Cyprus, penned a permanent contract that will keep him with the Legend until May 2023.
48. NASC gets new Clerk, retires Sani-Omolori.
49. Akpabio threatens to sue ex-NDDC MD, denies allegations.
50. Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Emmanuel has suspended one of his aides, Emmanuel Nicholas, over allegation of his involvement in fraudulent activities
51. Saleh was murdered by a yet-to-be-known assassin earlier this week, who left his decapitated and dismembered body inside his Lower East Side apartment, in New York City.
52. An expectant mother, Jane Ekpe, 32, has been reportedly kicked to death by one Florence Ugwu, 34, at Okwo Ngbo market in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi State.
53. The government’s reaction was sequel to the alarm raised by Nollywood Actor, Yul Edochie, who claimed the Bridge was shaking and may collapse in a social media post.
54. Nuniel, who gave evidence before the House of Representatives Committee on Niger Delta investigating financial dealings of the commission said no credible forensic auditor has been appointed despite huge financial payment committed.
55. Reopening: FG gives school owners 12 days to meet COVID-19 guidelines.
56. Nigerian artist wins $50,000 Nefertiti Prize for African creativity.
58. Traders, operators, others get sack notice as bankers take over National Theatre.
59. Ekiti APC crisis: There will always be need for reconciliation —ex-dep Gov, Adelabu.
60. Parents’ pressure often lead into making wrong decisions about marriage —Olarinde.
61. Why some Nigerians say they don’t have a president —Archbishop Okubadejo.
62. I once considered cyber crime —Williams Uchemba.
63. Hopeful COVID-19 research: Testing new vaccines, repurposing old ones.
64. Achieving SDGs suffering due to economic situation —Bagel, D-G, Bauchi SDGs.
65. Sean Dampte gives out over $2000 each to fans in search of ‘Marcelina’
66. Govt. must urgently take attention away from oil as a solution to Nigeria’s problems —Onibala, Oba Ariyo.
67. COVID-19 pandemic period not over yet, Aragbiji warns.
68. Issues as Omole bows out of UNIABUJA at 70
69. 200 Nurses in FCT contract COVID-19, says Nurses association.
70. Food inflation rose by 15.8% in June ― NBS.
71. There should be no sacred cow in investigation of NDDC scam, Group tasks FG, Niger Delta stakeholders.
72. Defamation: Malami writes IGP, Sowore, Sahara Reporters.
73. Gbajabiamila, Finance Minister assure early completion of NILDS complex.
74. Remember your campaign promise to us, construct our road, Residents of Gwallameji beg Bauchi Gov.
75. Ondo 2020: APC Reconciliation committee meets stakeholders in Ondo.
Thank you and stay tuned as I will definitely bring more to you as they come.
Please Like and Share.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More