Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety

 

Crime Justice

 

Kidnapping

BREAKING: Latest Breaking News in Nigeria This Afternoon, Sunday, July 19, 2020

God showed me PDP candidates that can challenge APC in Ondo election - Primate Ayodele.

Primate Elijah Ayodele of the INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church, has revealed what he claimed God told him concerning the forthcoming primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Ondo State.

The PDP will hold its primaries on July 22, 2020.

And Ayodele who had earlier predicted victory for the incumbent Governor in the All Progressive Congress, APC primaries, says he sees two aspirants in the PDP who can give the ruling party a good fight in the governorship elections.

In a series of prophesies he forwarded to DAILY POST on Sunday, Ayodele mentioned the Deputy Governor of Ondo State who recently decamped to PDP, Agboola Ajayi and former Commissioner for Justice, Eyitayo Jegede as the only aspirants that can contest against the APC.

He further explained that either of them should be elected as the candidate for the party because they are the most qualified.

‘‘I see two candidates in PDP. Among the two candidates, anyone that emerges will give APC a good fight.

“The first of them is Agboola Ajayi, the second one is the former Commissioner for Justice, Eyitayo Jegede.

“If anybody emerges among them, the final election will be very tough, any of these two people will fight APC in the final election. Any other candidate who emerges will not.”


JUST IN: Policewoman, daughter, four others kidnapped in Kaduna.

Suspected kidnappers have abducted a policewoman, her daughter and four others at Janruwa, Patrick Yakowa way area of Kaduna metropolis.

The incident, according to eye witnesses, happened in the late hours of Saturday when the bandits stormed the community and started breaking into houses in commando style.

An eyewitness, Mr. Babalola Mathew, said: “It was a commando like adventure. They (bandits) stormed our community around past 10pm and raided four houses, kidnapped six people, including a woman, two young female teenagers, two young men and a grown up man.

“They picked most of the victims through the windows after shattering the window glasses and removing the burglaries. They ordered everyone out.

“The victims had no option than to follow the attackers gently because they were at risk of being shot in their rooms.

“The only grown up woman among those kidnapped was said to be a Policewoman.

“She heard when they were attempting to break into her house, so she ran out, not knowing that they (bandits) were many outside.


Massive sack in National Assembly contrary to 8th assembly resolution – Kogi ex-commissioner.

A former Commissioner of Information in Kogi State, Dr. Tom Ohikere has said the ‘sack’ of National Assembly Clerk, Mohammed Sani Omolori and 150 other top officers by the National Assembly Service Commission (NASC) is unjustifiable.

The Commission had approved the immediate retirement of Clerk to the National Assembly, Mohammed Sani-Omolori and 150 other management staff a few days ago.

Sani-Omolori, who joined the National Assembly Service in 1985, is due for retirement, but he remained in service following the alteration of retirement age and length of service for staff members.

Dr Ohikere in a statement on Sunday, in Abuja, argued that it was wasteful to compel productive workers to retire at an “arbitrary chronological age” despite the resolution of the 8th National Assembly on the conditions of service of staff which raised retirement age from 60 to 65 years and years of service from 35 to 40.

He argued that the Commission has no powers to set aside the Revised Conditions of Service as passed by the 8th National Assembly.

“It is unjustifiable for the National assembly service commission to attempt to set aside an amendment that was passed by the 8th National Assembly because of a targeted interest.

“Nigeria will not continue to be overwhelmed by personal interest of some section which do not represent the interest of the country,” he said.


FCT announces one new COVID-19 death.

The Federal Capital Territory has announced that it has recorded one new coronavirus death in Abuja.

The FCTA disclosed this in a tweet via its Twitter account on Sunday.

According to the Administration, 78 new cases of the viral infection have also been recorded.

The tweet reads: ”78 NEW CASES, 19 DISCHARGED & 1 DEATH IN THE FCT.

“Summary of COVID-19 FCT as at July 18th, 2020.

“Total number of confirmed cases: 2957

“Total number of active cases: 2172

“745 patients have been discharged with 40 deaths recorded.

“Residents are urged to take responsibility and stay safe.”


134 Nigerians Stranded In Sudan Arrive In Abuja.

134 Nigerians who had been stranded in Sudan have returned to the country.

They arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja at about 10:00 am on Sunday via Air Sudan.

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) disclosed this in a tweet, noting that all 134 evacuees had tested Negative to the coronavirus before they departed Khartoum today.

According to NIDCOM, they will, however, proceed on 14 day- self-isolation as mandated by the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Federal Ministry of Health.

Content created and supplied by: 9jabloga (via Opera News )

APC Agboola Ajayi Elijah Ayodele Eyitayo Jegede Nigeria

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments