The former governor of Akwa Ibom State who is called the uncommon transformer went before the commission in a rather uncharacteristically fashion after asking for the doors to be opened, raised a point of order after he was told he will be speaking for 10 -15 minutes asking for fairness while the proceedings lasted. He however listed some points which he wants Nigerians to know. These points were:
1. That there is an ongoing forensic audit and that he the minister of Niger Delta did not hijack the process.
2. He listed the two processes where NNDC makes her money to include Federal Government Revenue and through Revenue.
3. He said that No staff of NNDC was sacked but are on leave.
4. That files of NNDC are not missing but are undergoing forensic audit.
5. He denied that he never asked anyone to swear to an oath of any allegiance to him.
6. The last IMC did not spend 8 billion Naira but 23 billion Naira.
7. That NNDC do not have official vehicles but vehicles are hired at a cost of #200000 (two hundred thousand Naira) daily.
8. He said he doesn't have a presidential ambition as widely speculated.
9. He denied the sharing of #10 billion in December as there was no budget to support the spending.
10. He denied claims that over 40 billion Naira was missing in NNDC as its account is domiciled in TSA.
The minister however wasn't allowed to continue talking as he is know to be a good orator.
Content created and supplied by: TARGETLINK (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More