The National Assembly Service Commission has approved the appointment of new top management officers in the service. This development came after it has approved the immediate retirement of Clerk to the National Assembly, Mohammed Sani-Omolori and 150 other top management staff.
It was gathered that Mr Sani-Omolori and others who were retired has either joined the National Assembly Service 35years ago or have attained the age of 60years but they were still allowed to remain in service following the alteration of retirement age and length of service for staff members by the 8th Assembly who raised the retirement period for staff from 35 to 40 years while retirement age was upgraded from 60 to 65 years.
Following several agitations from the members, the National Assembly Service Commission, after its 497th meeting was forced to reverse the amendment. This has now given rise to the new set of management officers which include;
1. Architect Olatunde Amos Ojo - Acting Clerk to the Senate
2. Bala Yabani Mohammed - Acting Deputy Clerk to The National Assembly
3. Dauda Ibrahim El-Ladan - Acting Clerk, Senate
4. Patrick A. Giwa - To remain Clerk, House of Representatives pending retirement in November, 2020
5. Yusuf Asir Dambatta, Acting Secretary to the National Assembly Commission.
The new Acting Clerk to the National Assembly
All appointments are said to be with immediate effect in a letter signed by the Executive Chairman, Engr Ahmed Kadi Arashi, FNSE.
Content created and supplied by: OLAlove (via Opera News )