I was watching one of the National Televisions where the National Assembly Committee on NDDC were in a meeting over the allegations of misappropriation of money in the commission. I just imagined within myself what foreigners or Nigerians abroad who watched how the lawmakers lamented over the rot in the NDDC will feel. I mean in a country where millions of people are hungry and can barely live above two dollars a day. I really pity the Niger Delta people who have spoons but eat with bare hands.
Their fellow Niger Deltans who are lucky to have themselves over see their affairs have directly or indirectly sold their future because of self reasons. The storm that is yet to be over started with the forensic audit the Federal Government proposed for the commission. That was when the feud between Former Managing Director of NDDC Joi Nunieh who served in the Interim Management Committee and the Minister of Niger Delta Godswill Akpabio started. Nigerians who followed the situation must have heard alot. Nobody knows whom to believe.
Joi Nunieh accused Godswill Akpabio of awarding contracts in the NDDC without due process. She also accused the Minister of sexually harrasing her. Nunieh who looks courageous took time with her documented papers on Arise TV to tell Nigerians what according to her Akpabio did in NDDC. Akpabio on his own has come out to refute those allegations stating that Nunieh in the first place wasn't qualified to head NDDC due to the fact that according to him Joi Nunieh didn't take part in the compulsory NYSC. I am sure you will agree with me that these allegations are so weighty especially those made by Nunieh who the police tried to whisk away thanks to Governor Nyesom Wike who cancelled his planned travel to intervene and rescue her. I am sure the President must have heard this. Nigerians expect him to do something urgently before things get out of hand. I'm of the opinion of the following:
1. President Buhari should immediately suspend Niger Delta Minister Godswill Akpabio to allow free flow of information in the Ministry of Niger Delta as the National Assembly Committee gets set to investigate what happened.
2. The President should also suspend all Directors in the Ministry who are working under Akpabio.
3. On the side of Joi Nunieh, President Buhari should restrict her from making further statements publicly rather only before the relevant agencies involved in this issue. He should also guarantee her security considering what happened at her Portharcourt residence last week Thursday.
4. On the forensic auditors, the President should sacked them and hire international audit firms like KPMG and PWC. This is because Joi Nunieh has already faulted the so-called companies involved in the forensic audit of NDDC account.
5. The President should mount pressure on the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila to change the man heading the NDDC committee since the current NDDC Chairman has rejected his investigation committee citing his interest in it.
Nigerians expect the President to once again replicate the same courage with which he used to investigate Magu.
What you think of this suggestion to the President?
Do you think it will help in getting to the root of the matter in NDDC?
Drop your comments below. Also like and share this article. Don't forget to follow me.
Content created and supplied by: Chuks01 (via Opera News )