This month has witnessed yet another controversial event in Nigeria. With school Re-opening taking the center stage, NDDC corruption saga has also come in, and it has even overtaken the rest, especially after the drama that occurred yesterday in the House of Representatives. Mr. Daniel Pondei a Nigerian professor, and Politician who is the acting Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, fainted yesterday while he was being interrogated by members of the House of Representatives Committee on NDDC spendings.
This article is center on Mr. Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei. Without wasting much time follow me to know more about Mr. Pondei Kemebradikumo Daniel.
1. Mr. Daniel Pondei Kemebradikumo is from Bayelsa State: Well you might have known this by now, but for those who do not know, Mr. Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei, the current acting Managing Director of NDDC, is from the South-South region of Nigeria, otherwise known as Niger Delta region. He is from Bayelsa State to be precise.
2. Mr. Pondei attended Federal Government College of Port Harcourt, Rivers State: Mr. Pondei Kemebradikumo during his college education, added a Federal Government-owned college. He was a student of Federal Government College of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
3. Mr. Pondei Daniel graduated from the University of Lagos: Mr. Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei is a medicine and surgery graduate from the University of Lagos.
4. Professor Pondei has a doctorate degree in microbiology from the University of Nottingham: After graduating from the University of Lagos, where he studied medicine and surgery. Mr. Pondei however proceeded to the University of Nottingham, where he obtained a Doctorate degree in microbiology.
5. Mr. Pondei is a Lecture: In 2001, Mr. Kemebradikumo Daniel started his career as a lecturer. He later became the acting HOD of medical microbiology and parasitology, as well as the Dean of faculty of basic medical science at the college of health sciences, Niger Delta University. Mr. Pondei served as the Nigerian Medical Association chairman, Bayelsa State. He however later in his career, became a microbiology medical professor and also served as the provost of the College of Health Sciences in Niger Delta University.
6. Mr. Daniel Pondei, on 19 February 2020 became the acting Managing Director of NDDC: On the 19th of February 2020, Mr. Pondei was appointed to replace Joi Nunieh as the AG MD of NDDC. He was appointed by the President, His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari.
7. On July 20th, he slumped while he was being interrogated on corruption charges: On July 20rh, Mr. Pondei appeared before a Panel of Committee members of the House of Representatives. While facing corruption charges, he explained how NDDC Spent over 81 billion nairas from October 2019 to February 21. He noted that the Commission used a total of 1.32 billion nairas to take care of themselves. He also noted that five hundred thousand nairas were also distributed to scholarship beneficiaries. However while the committee was probing him further on the case, he slumped and stopped responding, he was later resuscitated by some members of the House.
Content created and supplied by: EEPShub (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More