It's a cold evening on a Monday the 20th day of July and we have the following breaking news headlines.
1. COVID-19: CBN spends ₦26.27bn on healthcare, says Emefiele.
2. Prominent industrialist, Isa Funtua, dies at 77.
3. EPL: Relegation-threatened Watford tackle wounded Citizens.
4. COVID-19: Be courageous, Adesina tells Onyeama.
6. McGregor doesn’t want to fight me —Usman.
7. Pondei has been sick for two weeks, says NDDC.
8. ICYMI: 2020 admission begins August 21, says JAMB
9. ICYMI: Magu: Prepare for surprises, Presidency tells Nigerians.
10. We gave indigenes N340m to help inspectors ‘identify’ projects – NDDC director.
11. CBN retains benchmark interest rate at 12.5%.
12. Nigerian Bordeaux forward, Kalu, tests positive for COVID-19.
13. FG denies approving extension of service for retiring officials.
14. Police arrest suspected killer cop in Abia.
15. Insecurity: Buratai gives self pass mark after meeting Buhari.
16. APC primary: Two more aspirants step down for Akeredolu.
17. Imo APC Chairman urges Uzodinma to reconcile warring factions.
18. Radrizzani wants new Leeds investment for Premier League return.
19. Corruption fight: We’re behind you, Youth Council tells Buhari
20. Senators, Reps greatest beneficiaries of NDDC contracts — Akpabio
21. SUKUK Bond: Fashola receives N162. 6b for road projects
22. Third Mainland Bridge closure:FERMA intensifies alternative routes rehabilitation
23. Super Falcons receive Women’s World Cup prize money
24. Buhari mourns political associate, Ismaila Isa Funtua
25. NDDC staff spent N1.32bn as COVID-19 relief funds — Pondei
26. Edo Poll: APC Councilors vow to resist Obaseki’s alleged harassment to join PDP
27. US blacklists 11 Chinese firms over Uighur rights violations
28. Pearson sack: Deeney denies dressing room fight during Watford defeat
29. Edo 2020: SDP Chairman denies N65m inducement to endorse Obaseki
30. More than 30yrs after: Sudan to try ousted Bashir over 1989 coup
31. Bello satisfied with Ondo primaries’ process; it’s skewed, Kekemeke reacts
32. Gunman disguises as FedEx driver, kills son of US judge in attack at her home
33. Four African presidents head to Mali amidst political crisis.
34. Access Bank acquires Kenya’s Transnational Bank
35. Nigerian poet selected for U.S. Writing Programme
36. Creator of 1980 Moscow Olympic bear mascot dies at 84
37. SEC seeks automation of capital market processes to guarantee efficiency
38. No plan to reverse privatisation of power sector — Senate
39. N40bn NDDC probe: Akpabio denies knowledge of contract allegedly awarded to Rep. Tunji-Ojo
40. Zoning Presidency to S’East’ll heal wounds of civil war — Ohanaeze
41. NDDC Probe: Reps Panel Chairman resigns, says he’s ready for probe
42. NDDC reacts to Pondei’s collapse, says he ignored doctor’s advice
43. COVID-19 violations: Again, Lagos shuts farms City, Quilox, other entertainment facilities in Lekki
44. Ondo polls: Tension in APC as vote-buying rocks PDP
45. Two feared dead, one kidnapped in A’Ibom cult clash
46. Buhari is in control, says Presidency
47. Ngige hijacked NSITF management, suspended MD alleges
48. BBNaija Lockdown: Nengi emerges first House head
49. Police promote 41,863
50. Outrage in Ekiti PDP over ‘secret’ oath-taking by Fayose’s loyalists
51. Umahi sacks over 1000 aides
52. Amotekun ‘ll utilise supernatural powers- Ekiti Commandant
53. Senator Akpabio gives account on how successive NDDC management split N1.1trn contracts
54. Sukuk fund: FG releases final payment of N162bn for 44 road projects
Thank you and stay with us as we will bring more as they come.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )