Hon. Sadiya Farouq was interviewed live on Facebook with Deutschewelle on DW News Hausa Service yesterday being July 19, 2020. The meeting was announced on Minister's personal Twitter handle and on the Ministry official Facebook page. Below is the screenshot;
The interviewer, Binta Zurmi, asked the minister very vital questions regarding Batch A and B exit, backlogs, June stipend and transition plan.
The interview was conducted in Hausa language and below is the English language version of the interview;
* Binta: What is the role of your ministry, what are they doing and why was it created by President Mohammadu Buhari?
Sadiya: We are preparing strong for Npowet programme. President Buhari is seeing that is there is a need to help unemployed graduates with opportunities in farming, health and teaching.
* Binta: Is it true that the Npower workers have been disengaged?
Sadiya: Yes, Batch A was exited in June, 2020 and we will see how we will exit Batch B this July.
* Binta: Any plan of Federal Government to give them soft landing?
* Sadiya: Our plan is to make sure that we see volunteers become self employed and so far, 109,823 volunteers have established their own businesses.
* Binta: What about those that have not been paid for 3 to 4 months now? Can they still be paid?
* Sadiya: Some have collected, for those who have not, this week by God's grace, they will collect their pay. Some with 2 to 3 months backlogs are those who absconded from their primary place of assignments deliberately and were reported. They are the victims of nonpayment scenarios.
* Binta: What about June Stipend?
* Sadiya: We have perfected everything concerning June stipend and subsequently referred to the Ministry of finance for payment. The volunteers shall soon receive their stipend.
* Binta: Any update for Batch C?
* Sadiya: Those without education or with primary School or Secondary School Certificate can apply for N-Build, N-Agro and N-Tech. N-Teach and N-Health are for graduates.
She also said that the Batch C portal will close by next week for further authentication, and fishing out those that are working and still applied as well as the existing volunteers that applied for selfishness.
Please, like, follow, share and comment your view in the comments section.
Content created and supplied by: ifemau1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More