As at the evening hours of a cloudy and rainy Thursday, I bring to you major and trending News headlines from across Nigeria.
1. NDDC Probe: Nigerians will hear more from me, Nunieh vows.
"I had stopped talking but I just wanted to make my submissions to the House, but with this, Nigerians will hear more. They say wise men who refuse to do anything suffer the rule of idiots."
2. ONDO 2020: The gang up against me is to stop me from winning the party’s ticket says Ajayi.
3. Representative Nnaji urged FAAN and NCAA "to ensure that those who refuse to subject themselves to the protocols are denied future access to the airports."
5. South-West commissioners for education ready for WAEC examination.
6. [ICYMI] WASSCE: We still stand by our position ― FG says.
7. COVID-19: FG mulls financial support for indigenous inventions.
8. World Population Day: 7million unintended pregnancies expected in lockdown — UNFPA.
9. 5 years after: Ajaero’s ULC returns to NLC.
10. Suspected political thugs invade Bauchi NUJ premises, beat up factional leaders.
11. Fears, apprehension as NBA election date draws close.
12. Leeds boss beg fans to celebrate promotion to Premier League at home .
13. COVID-19: Aisha Buhari calls on stakeholders to tackle malnutrition in Nigeria.
14. UNDERDEVELOPMENT: N’Delta group makes fresh demands to FG, threatens mass protest.
15. Alleged Corruption: NDDC boss, staff walk out on Reps.
16. WTO: FG inaugurates strategy team for Okonjo- Iweala.
17. Police arrest 16 over Adamawa communal clash.
18. Hospital owner arrested for issuing thousands of fake negative COVID-19 test results.
19. JUST IN: PDP rejects APC request to transfer Edo matter to Abuja.
20. Two corps members die, four others to repeat service year in Katsina.
21. NASS Commission queries Clerk for rejecting retirement.
22. Mosques remain shut despite govt directive – Ekiti Muslims.
23. I bring a bundle of qualities- Okonjo-Iweala pitches at WTO.
24. Obi of Onitsha tests negative for COVID -19.
25. Drama as Wike ‘rescues’ ex-NDDC MD from police.
26. 1.3m more Americans file jobless claims in one week.
27. COVID-19: Russian hackers try to steal US vaccine research.
28. Obiano splashes N1m cash, laptops on 9 outstanding NYSC members.
29. Alaibe congratulates Diri, accepts Supreme Court ruling.
30. COVID-19 vaccine records breakthrough in Oxford human trials.
31. Alleged N3.4bn: Ngige inaugurates panel to probe suspended NSITF MD, others.
32. JUST IN: Ganduje reshuffles cabinet.
33. I did not assault Airport official, Yari replies FAAN.
34. Buhari: Nigeria to make $500m, create 250,000 jobs from gold export.
35. COVID-19: Gombe grants tax concessions, palliatives to taxpayers.
36. B/Haram demands N20m ransom from blind man to free daughter, niece.
37. Buhari hails cordial Nigeria-Pakistan relations.
38. FG tasks oil companies to engage host communities.
39. Senate President commends Back to Farm initiative of NALDA.
40. Rivers APC crisis: Appeal Court stays proceedings in appeal against Aguma’s appointment.
41. We’ll not protest FG’s incessant change in fuel price ― Oil marketers.
42. Oyo CP seeks youths’ cooperation to stem criminalities.
43. Tenure elongation crisis deepens as security agencies seal off CNA’s office.
44. Ebonyi govt backs FG stand on school reopening, plans to provide computers.
45. Nigeria loses $3bn in six years to illegal gold smuggling ― Buhari.
46. HIV/AIDS: USAID launches $19m to fight scourge among orphans in Bauchi, Adamawa.
47. NIMN: New vice presidents, four council members emerge.
48. Return all govt properties in your possession, Oyo Assembly tells sacked Chairmen.
49. PAGMDI presents first locally mined gold bars to Buhari.
50. Ondo 2020: Kogi governor to head APC Primary Election Committee.
51. Ex-NDDC MD: Policemen tried breaking the door at my residence before Wike's arrival.
52. COVID-19: Delta govt issues strong warning over resumption of schools.
53. Ex-Rep, Dan-Alkali passes on days after son’s death.
54. Akwa Ibom govt’s threat to sack striking health workers, empty – JOHESU.
55. Insecurity: Buhari issues marching order to security chiefs.
56. Three lawmakers test positive for COVID-19.
57. Boko Haram: Why 602 ex-terrorists swore oath – Nigerian military.
58. Cross River’s PDP crisis takes another dimension as group calls for suspension of Gov Ben Ayade.
59. I have no confidence in Reps Committee – NDDC boss, Pondei.
60. BREAKING: Niger Assembly sacks Majority, Deputy Minority leaders.
Thank you and stay tuned as I will definitely bring more hot and trending news headlines to you from across Nigeria and the world as they come.
Content created and supplied by: AkwaOnline (via Opera News )