The Catholic Church In Nigeria and all over the world are known for their special way of praying and this always involves them giving honour to the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus. However, a lot of Christians who are not members of the Catholic Church always see the act as being idolatry but in an actual sense, the catholic church has some things and reasons backing their doctrine.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia (Illustrative picture of Virgin Mary)
Regarding that, we will be sharing with you some reasons why the Catholic Church always honours the Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ.
1. The first reason why the Catholic Church has decided to always honour and not worship Virgin Mary is because of selfless acts. Selfless in the sense that, she didn't think about her reputation before she accepted to give birth to Jesus and she also gave credence to the fact that Jesus will die to redeem mankind from the bondage of laws.
Photo Credit: Wikipedia (Illustrative picture of Virgin Mary and Jesus Christ)
2. Another reason why the Catholic Church always honours the Virgin Mary is that she was allowed to give birth to the saviour of this world, Jesus Christ.
3. The Catholic Church also honour Mary because of her obedience to what the Angel told her in Luke 1: 26-38. Even though she was the mother of Jesus, her humility amidst women and others also made her a vessel unto honor in the Catholic Church.
Photo Credit: Exclusive (Illustrative picture of Virgin Mary)
4. The Catholic Church also sees Mary to be an intermediary between Jesus and the Church. The Catholic Church believes that Virgin Mary prays for the Church just like a mother will do to her children.
5. Another reason why the Catholic Church honour Mary is because she was the first to know about the coming of Jesus Christ and she stayed with him even till death.
What are your thoughts about this article? Let us know what you think by using the comment section.
Source: Nairaland, Wikipedia, Operanewshub
Content created and supplied by: Religionhubblog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More