Ghusl is a ritual bath. It is done as a form of purification for Muslims after intercourse, menstruation, postpartum bleeding etc. It is compulsory for every Muslim that has reached the age of puberty to perform this ritual bath if he/she becomes unpurified due to the aforementioned conditions. In Quran 5 verse 6, Allah says "........And if you are in a state of impurity ( janaabah ), then clean up yourself.......... "
The seven (7) different ritual baths in Islam are listed below :
1. Guslu Janaabab
2. Guslu Janaazaz
3. Guslu Haydoh
4. Guslu Nifaas.
5. Guslu Jumuah bath
6. Guslu - lidayn
7. Guslu Dukhulil - Islam
1. Guslu Janaabab : This is the bath taken after the sexual intercourse between the husband and wife. It's also taken when someone had a wet dream.
How to perform Guslu janaabah : Get a clean water inside a kettle, wash the two hands ,wash the private parts then perform a complete ablution after that, wash the head to the neck three times then pour the remaining water in the kettle to the whole body and rub it it with your hand.
2. Guslu Janaazaz : This is the bath performed for the dead one before burial.
How to perform Guslu janaabah : wash your two hands with water, wash the private parts of the corpse and perform a complete ablution for the corpse, wash its head three times and the whole body.
Note: use hand gloves while performing this bath.
3. Guslu Haydoh : This is the bath performed by a Muslim woman after her menstruation period has stopped. It's performed like the other with different intention.
4. Guslu Nifaas : This is the bath taken by Muslim women after the blood during the child birth has stopped. It's performed like the other with different intention.
5. Jum'ah bath : This is a sunnah bath taken by every Muslims on Friday before going to jumat prayer. It's performed like the other with different intention.
6. Guslul - lidayn : This is also a sunnah bath performed on festive day (Eid Fitri & Adhaa) before going to the Eid. It's performed like the other with different intention.
7. Guslu Dukhulil - Islam : This is the bath taken by a new convert to Islam. It's performed like the other with different intention.
Note: All the ritual baths in Islam are performed in the same way but different intention.
Content created and supplied by: SenatorTman (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More