It is common knowledge that living in Nigeria at this time is quite a challenging experience, and people are finding it pretty difficult to make ends meet.
People are worried and scared as they go around doing their business because of the poor security situation.
Amid these challenges, God expects his people to praise Him.
Hebrews13:15 says thus:
"By him, therefore, let us offer the sacrifice of praise to GOD CONTINUALLY, that is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name"
Why would God expect His people to praise him amid our present situations?
There are several reasons for this:
(1) Praise to God is pleasant and comely.
Psalm 147:1 says:
"Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant, and praise is comely"
(2) He is worthy of praise for His creative power displayed in all of creation. Remember He created the heavens, the earth, sea, and all that are contained in them:
Revelation 4:11 say thus:
"Thou art worthy, I Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for they pleasure they are and were created"
(3) God expects and commands us to praise him irrespective of what is happening around us. Note that God's commands are not meant to be questioned by anyone but are meant to be carried out.
Psalm 150:6 says:
"Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the Lord"
Psalm 145:3 add by saying:
"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable"
(4) Praise would provoke God's blessings in our direction and when we call upon Him in time of our troubles He will reach out to us for our help, deliverance, and salvation.
Psalm 50:14-15 says:
"Offer unto God thanksgiving, and pay they vow unto the highest: And call upon me in the day of trouble:l will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me"
(5) God inhabits our praise and grants us the intervention we need, fights the battles of his people when try to praise Him.
When Jehoshaphat was threatened by enemy nations, he and the people of Judah prayed and praised God in the beauty of holiness. ln response to their praise God sent ambushments against their enemies, destroyed them, and rescued the people of Judah.
Similarly, when Paul and Silas prayed and praised God amid trials, pains, and imprisonment, God sent an earthquake to the place where they were held hostage and set them free.
So if you want to be set free from any form of bondage or imprisonment or fear, learn to praise God even in these adverse conditions we have found ourselves and He will come through for you.
(6) Let us realize that all our afflictions are light and they are working for our good and God expects us to praise him as everything will soon be alright. My brothers and sisters, let's cheer up, rise to praise God because there is hope for you.
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory" (2nd Corinthians 4:17)
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).
Thanks for reading this piece.
Content created and supplied by: ThomasUsigbe (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More