As Christians, we learn many new things everyday and we should open our hearts to learn more. We should not allow pride to lead us to destruction and we should ensure that we obey the commandments of God and our leaders. However, here are 10 bad habits you need to stop doing in church
1. Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.
2.Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. You should humble yourself enough and listen to the directive of the usher. That is their duty and you have to be orderly.
3. Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. It is a means to distract yourself and others and you need to switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.
4. Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. When you do it once, it could be a mistake but when it is reoccurring, then it needs to be checked.
5. Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. The church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel and you need to show reverence to your maker. You can always take a walk out when you are feeling sleepy or caution yourself.
6. Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. When the pastor ask you to stand up, then you need to do so.
7. Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Just like King David, you should be delighted and joyful when you are asked to go to the house of God. Nothing should hurry you because it should be something you love.
8. Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Your phones should be in your pocket try the service and everything you need to do on the phone could be postponed till after the service.
9. Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. You need to stop this because every aspect of a church service is very important.
10. Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics while service is going on. You could always do that after the service because the service is more important.
In conclusion, we need to show respect to God and His servants when we are in the church. Do what you need to do in the right way and at the right time, so that you can receive the blessings of God.
Content created and supplied by: PrayerMedia (via Opera News )