WHY DO YOU GIVE TO GOD?
You must search your heart very well before you answer. Their is a wrong teaching going on because of this.
1. Do you give to God because you want him to give you back?
2. Do you give to God because you were asked to give?
3. Do you give to God because you love Him?
1. When you give to God because you want Him to give you back, that is wrong. What if He decide probably to delay the giving back what happens ? Will you still give again? . When you give God 10 naira because you want Him to give you 20 naira? What is the difference between you and a casino manager? So you run to give your 10 naira because you want Him to give you 20 naira. This is the evil in the heart of people these days.
2. You give to God because someone preached into giving so you decided to give and when you did not get your desired result you start getting angry. Mind you you should know that God is not a man, He looks into our heart to see the intent/ reason why we are giving.
When was the last time you gave to someone in genuine need? Probably you can't remember because you feel the person you are giving will not give you back but see what the bible says here:
He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord,And He will pay back what he has given.
So when you give to the poor, is God that will pay you back. You can imagine the almighty God repaying you back.
Giving to God is good but your heart need to be clean.
3. Do you give to God because you love Him? This is the giving that brings result. Sacrificial giving because you love to give and you were led to give not preached to give. When you read the bible, all the people that gave to God gave because they love God and they did not expect anything in return but God blessed them abundantly. That is the kind of giving the Lord wants.
You must repent from this evil you all are doing. Stop turning God to a casino manager He is not happy with it.
Content created and supplied by: TheRemnantNews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More