The practice of taking holy communion is one of the ways Christians remember the works of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a remembrance of everything He did throughout his ministerial life, the healing of the sick, raising of the dead and deliverance from the captivity of the devil.
Holy Communion is a sacred practice which has mysteries behind it. It is termed "holy" because it was introduced first by a holy being (Jesus Christ) and "Communion" because it is a "common union" of brethren in Christ.
Before taking the Holy Communion, there are facts about it that you need to know.
1. The wine signifies the blood of Jesus which was shed for the remission of sins.
2. The unleavened bread signifies the holy flesh of Jesus which was punctured to save mankind.
3. The Holy Communion is sacred and therefore should be taken by holy and born again believers.
4. He who partakes in the holy communion with sin brings curse and damnation upon their lives.
5. The practice of Holy Communion transcends years back in the old testament. This was when Abraham finished the slaughter of kings (Genesis 14:18), Melchizedek, the priest of the Most High God brought in the Holy Communion for them to eat.
6. The Holy Communion is taken in remembrance of Jesus Christ for he said, "As often as you do this, you do it in remembrance of me" ( 1 Corinthians 11:25).
7. Holy Communion has the power of healing and deliverance from every captivity of the devil.
In conclusion, The Holy Communion is a wholesome solution to every problem that man is facing.
Content created and supplied by: Ebonyiwrites (via Opera News )