Why are more than a million people around the world abstaining from eating, drinking, smoking, and sex from dawn to sunset this month? They are Muslims who are fasting during the holy month of Ramadan
fast during this month from the moment when it first starts to get light until sunset. They fast as an act of faith and worship towards God, seeking to suppress their desires and increase their spiritual piety. Fasting together as a worldwide community (Ummah) affirms the brotherhood and equality of man
Ways to spiritually prepare for Ramadan
1. Recite and Reflect Upon the Qur'an
2. Follow the Sunnah and Pray Extra Prayers
3. Give Charity.
4. Repent and Make Dua'a.
5. Fast Voluntarily. This month—Shabaan—is the prime time to start fasting those extra fasts or making up your missed fasts from last Ramadan
6. Improve Your Character.
ways to physically prepare for Ramadan
1. Food consumption: Begin with eating moderate quantities. Do not splurge on food because Ramadan is approaching. This will only increase your appetite and make it more difficult to fast.
2. Do not snack: Get used to having three main meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner - and avoiding snacking in between. During Ramadan, you will have to get used to having two main meals, Suhoor and Iftar. This way, you will only have to cut out one meal.
3. Wean off smoking: Smokers who go into Ramadan unprepared may experience various withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, anger, impatience, and difficulty concentrating during fasting hours. To avoid this, reduce smoking during the day to mimic what will happen when you fast. It is also good to view Ramadan as an opportunity to quit bad habits such as smoking altogether.
Content created and supplied by: mdshekur (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More