David Ibiyeomie who is the presiding pastor of the church attended his Bible School in Winners Chapel (Word of Faith Bible Institute (WOFBI). After he has completed his school, David Ibiyeomie started the church as house fellowship in Lagos where he loved to stay. But the spirit of God asked him to go to Port Harcourt in Rivers State of which he refused at first because one man has already promised him a car and plot of land to kick start his ministry, so going to Port Harcourt is like wanting to suffer.
But as it seems that heaven has shut, he has to obey, left everything and came to Port Harcourt where he started Salvation Ministries on the 13th of April, 1997, with his wife being the first member of the church.
The church Salvation Ministries is celebrating her 24 anniversary today, let's look at how this church has been able to affect the lives of people and the community at large.
1. Salvation of Souls. The primary assignment of the church is to go the world and preach the gospel. It is their duty to preach and God's duty to make their message meaningful and convict sinners and save them. The church has been demonstrating this by their every Saturday street evangelism. Time to time Campus crusade. Their monthly week of spiritual empowerment. Their yearly five night of glory (5NOG) which has now changed to Glory Reign. These programs through the help of the Holy Spirit has witnessed lots of cultist, hardened criminals being saved at the alter of God's Word. So God is using the church to reduce crime and to transform lives.
2. Giving to the less privilege. Salvation Ministries in his bid to identify with the needy and to make sure that the children of the less privilege has access to quality education but a free primary school and reconstructed some public schools in other states.
This public primary school is but in Port Harcourt and it is totally free. Only for the less privilege whose parents cannot afford to pay for high standard school. Below are the pictures of the interior of the school.
3. Construction of Roads. Salvation Ministries didn't just occupy their location, the make sure that physical appearance of their area is touch as the church has been seen constructing public road to assist government and to make commuter enjoy their movement.
4. Scholarship Scheme. The church has large numbers of people that were under scholarship both national and internationally.
5. Widows foundation. The wife of David Ibiyeomie, Mrs. Peace Ibiyeomie has this ministry. She has been seen giving food stuffs, empowering widows with equipment to be able to cater for their families.
6. David Ibiyeomie's Foundation (DIF). This is a foundation used by the husband to attend to the needy. Such as school fees, house rent, skill acquisition. He once gave scholarship to 295 pupils
7. Home of Elderly. The church also remembers the elderly in their giving. The house below was built for the elderly.
David Ibiyeomie, the presiding pastor has been heard over and over again saying that God said I will bless you so that you can be a blessing to others. He didn't say He will bless you for you to hoard and keep it for yourself. "If people can Differentiate between your children and your house help, then you are the most stingy person on earth".
To me, I think with these things that God has used and He is still using the church to do in our society, we can actually celebrate with them and wish them a happy 24th year anniversary.
Content created and supplied by: MichaelPD1st (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More