1. Jean-Bédel Bokassa also known as Bokassa I born 22 February 1921, was a Central African political and military leader who served as the second president of the Central African Republic and and as the emperor of its successor state, the Central African Empire. He first converted to Islam from Christianity and later converted back. He died on 3 November 1996.
2. Moussa Dadis Camara now called Moïse Dadis Camara, born 1 January 1964 is an ex-officer of the Guinean army who served as the President of the Republic of Guinea,3rd president of the country. He converted from Islam to Roman Catholic Christian.
3. Yusuf Lule, born 10 April 1912 ,was a Ugandan professor who served as the President of Uganda between 13 April and 20 June 1979. He was the 4th Ugandan president. Muslim but later converted to Christianity. He died 21 January 1985.
4. George Weah, born 1 October 1966, is a Liberian politician and former professional footballer who is currently serving as the 25th President of Liberia, in office since 2018. He first converted from Christianity to Islam and converted back to Christianity.
5. Saye Zerbo, born 27 August 1932 was a Burkinabé military officer who was the third President of the Republic of Upper Volta (now Burkina Faso) from 25 November 1980 until 7 November 1982. Zerbo converted from Islam to Christianity while in prison.
Content created and supplied by: RealTideakin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More