The history of Christianity in Nigeria cannot be written without mentioning the impacts of men like God's servant Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa of blessed memory. The servant of God was a mobile carrier of God's presence while he was alive and upon he death deposited on his spiritual sons a double portion of the mantle that was upon his life. One of such sons is God's servant Bishop David Oyedepo, the senior pastor of living faith church worldwide.
While many have tried to compare the two servants of God, we shall briefly look at 40 remarkable similarities between the two servants of God.
1. Their mothers bad children who died as babies.
2. They were both born to none christian fathers who never believed the gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. Both men were born in September. Benson Idahosa was born on the 11th of September, 1938 while David Oyedepo was born on September 27, 1954.
4. They were falling ill frequently during their childhood days.
5. God used both men to raise the sick before going into ministry.
6. Benson Idahosa received a call to preach prosperity and was the first and leading Nigerian preacher of the prosperity gospel in his time. David Oyedepo received a call to preach prosperity and is the leading Nigerian preacher of the prosperity gospel in his time.
7. Both preachers had God's servant T. L Osborn as their mentor while Benson Idahosa was Bishop David Oyedepo's mentor.
8. Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa was the richest African pastor while he was alive. Bishop David Oyedepo is currently the richest African pastor on the planet.
9. Both men have four beautiful and God fearing children.
10. Benson Idahosa started to give a tithe of 90% of his monthly income in the 80s. David Oyedepo stopped receiving a salary in 1988.
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )