Bishop David Oyedepo spoke to his members at their Mid-week Service. It was tagged "Special Feet Washing Service" and he explained what it meant when Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. He said that the wisdom of God is higher; it can't be found in the land of the living. It cannot make sense to any natural intelligentsia because it is far above them.
He read the book of John 13 and here are 7 important things he said about Jesus washing the feet of His disciples.
1. It's a spiritual medium through which we partake of our missing inheritance in Christ. You can check the content of the unveiling of this mystery by Christ in John 13:3-1.
2. When Peter saw the look in the eyes of the Master, he knew he was about missing a treasure. "Lord, not only my feet but also my hands and my head."
3. I don't know what theological analogy came into play for anybody to think that Jesus was illustrating humility. No! He's too smart for that. He won't go and be pouring water to illustrate humility.
4. People just think they are big enough to correct God. You know we have a lot of problems today - everybody is writing a Bible.
5. God does not enforce obedience on anyone; it is simply a choice that individuals make.
6. There is nothing you do or would not do as commanded by scripture that affects God. It affects you; it affects me. There is no commandment of scriptures that is for God's benefit
7. As our feet will be washed, whatever God has said it carries will deliver in your life.
In conclusion, he said that there was war when God began to unveil the mystery of the anointing oil through this ministry. There was war across the entire land.
Content created and supplied by: PrayerMedia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More