Grace means a generous, free, unexpected, and undeserved gift from God in form of favour, love, clemency, and a share of his divine life, and according to 1Peter 5:10 and 2Corinthians 9:8, he (God) is the God of all grace and can make all grace abound to his children. This means that every child of God is entitled to receive grace from him, and John 1:16 reveals that we receive grace upon grace from his fullness. While it is clear that God gives grace, there are ways by which children of God can obtain grace from him, and I want you to read through the whole article as I share them one after another with you.
Photo Credit: Dreamstime.com
Here are 7 ways you can obtain grace from God.
1. By being humble before God. According to James 4:6, God opposes the proud but gives more grace to those who humble themselves before him. To be humble means to be modest, to have a feeling of insignificance, it also meant not having pride.
2. By the Knowledge of God. 2Peter 1:2 reveals that through God's knowledge, grace and peace are multiplied.
3. By fearing God and working righteousness. According to Acts 10:35, God accepts anyone who fears him and also practices righteousness, and anyone that is accepted by God will receive grace from him.
4. By loving God. 1Corinthians 8:3 tells us that anyone who loves God will be known by him, this means that God recognizes those who love him, and Proverbs 8:17 reveals that God loves those who love him, and because of his love, he will give grace to them when they need it.
5. By Praying for it. In John 14:13, Jesus promised to do whatever we ask in his name; and since he is faithful to keep his word, you can ask for grace and he will grant it.
6. By coming to his throne of grace. According to Hebrews 4:16, we are given the privilege to come to the throne of grace with boldness, to receive mercy and as well obtain grace in times of need, and we do this with the help of the Holy Spirit who gives us access to the Father (Ephesians 2:18).
7. By keeping the words of Jesus. According to John 14:23, anyone who keeps the words of Jesus will be loved by the Father (God), and both Jesus and the Father will come to him and make their dwelling with him. And when God dwells with a man, such a man will not only receive grace but will become a carrier of God's grace.
Please, like, share, and comment.
Content created and supplied by: Orkaa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More