1. Abilene Christian University in Texas is home to the largest Bible in the world. The Bible weighs over 1,000 pounds, is 43.5 inches tall, and measures 98 inches when it is fully open.
3. How it was decided which books would be included in the Bible is called Canonicity. Canon comes from the root word reed. The reed was a measuring rod which can also be indirectly translated to mean standard. Later the term meant a list or index. When applied to the Scripture, canon means an official accepted list of books - Josh McDowell in The Evidence that demands Verdict.
4. The Bible is the best selling book and the most translated book.
5. Voltaire, a noted French antagonist who died in 1778, said that 100 years from his time, Christianity will be swept from existence and passed into history but only fifty years after his death, the Geneva Bible Society used his press and house to produce the stacks of Bibles.
6.The oldest surviving full text of the New Testament is the Codex Sinaiticus. It was discovered at the St. Catherine monastery at the base of Mt. Sinai in Egypt in the 1840s. It dates from about 325 CE.
7. The Old Testament has been written as early as 1200BC while the New Testament was written by Apostles and Missionaries in the first century AD.
8.￼ The books of the Bible were written in Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Aramaic. The first translation of the Hebrew Bible was into Greek.
9. The Bay Psalm Book sold for over $14 million at Sotheby's in 2013, making it not only the most expensive Bible in the world, but also the most expensive book ever.
10.Chapters were introduced to the Bible in 1238 by Cardinal Hugo de S. Caro. Verse divisions were not added until 1551 by Robertus Stephanus.
11. There are more than 3,200 verses with fulfilled prophecy either within the Bible itself or since the Bible was written. But there are still more than 3,100 verses with unfulfilled prophecies.
Which of these facts got your attention?
Don't forget to like and share the post, comments are also welcome.
Thank you for reading!
Content created and supplied by: Updateroom (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More