1. If we capture just 1 percent of the oceans kinetic energy, created by the tides we could satisfy the current global energy demand up to 5 times over the current energy need.
2. Do you know that it's okay to pee in the Ocean ? This is because 95% of urine, is actually water and nitrogen in the urea is used to feed ocean plants.
3. When ships pass through point Nemo in the Southern Pacific Ocean, they are 2,688 kilometers from the nearest land that means at the right time of the day the nearest human are on the International Space Station, 416 kilometers straight up.
4. At the oceans deepest point, the water pressure is the equivalent to having about 50 jumbo Jets piled on top of you.
5. There are approximately three Million ship wreckage on the ocean floor, they are worth billions in value and treasure.
6. The ocean holds enough Uranium to power the planet for 10,000 years.
7. The ocean Absorbs 25% of the carbondioxide or CO2 that is released in the atmosphere every year, however because of the increasing amounts of CO2 into the world's atmosphere, the world's oceans are slowly turning acidic.
8. 14 Billion or 6 Billion kilograms of garbage are dumped into the Ocean every year most of it is plastic.
9. In Newfoundland Canada the Atlantic Ocean sometimes freezes and people in the area actually play hockey on it.
10. 10,000 Shipping containers are lost into the sea each year and 10% of those holds toxic chemicals which may leak into the Ocean.
11. Retired NYC cars are sometimes thrown into the Atlantic Ocean to help create artificial Reefs.
12. 75% of the world's active and dominant Volcanoes are in the ring of fire, an area in the basin of the Atlantic Ocean
13. The Ocean holds some of the world's oldest creatures, Jellyfish has been around for more than a half Billion years, horseshoe,crabs are also ancient creatures who have survived almost as long.
14. The Earth's Ocean are filled with massive Hollow, Worm-Like entities Pyrosome that can grow as big as a Sperm Whale.
15. 70% of the oxygen we breath is actually produced by the Ocean the ocean produces oxygen through different types of Aquatic Plants such as Phytoplankton, Kelp and Agul Plankton.
16. A new ocean is forming in the Africa
17. Less than 50% of the ocean have been explored, infact we have better maps of Mars than of the ocean, despite the fact that it's 50 Million miles away.
18. The World's tallest waterfalls is not actually Angel Falls in Venuseualla , Technically the largest known water fall lies between Greenland and Island. The Denmark Strait Cataract is more than 3 times the height of Angel Fall, dropping water whooping 11,500 feet or 3,505 Meters.
19. According to the National Oceanic Athmospheraic Administration. the ocean should be seen as a musuem because it has more history than than Al of the musuem in the world combined.
20. Rivers and deep lake see can exist under the ocean this can take place when salty water and hydrogen sulphide mix to form adense brine that is that is regular than heavier sea water.
Content created and supplied by: Enceebas96 (via Opera News )