The human brain needs to be exercised to improve its functionality. Just as physical exercise is good for the body, mental exercise helps us focus on daily tasks, improves the memory and helps the brain stay healthy.
There are various ways to exercise the brain to help stimulate and improve the mind. Some of them are:
1. Make use of your non dominant hand.
Using the opposite hand strengthens the neural connections in the brain. Try performing activities like typing on your phone or computer or handling television remote with your other hand, that way you can engage various areas of the brain while doing the same work. It aids proper balance of both sides of the brain.
Use two or more senses at the same time, try listening to music while sniffing a fresh scent, these contracting activities help regenerate more grey cells in the brain.
3. Change your route home. Walking or driving along the same route every day makes the brain work on auto pilot. Taking a different route home keeps the brain stimulated. The hippocampus is the center for emotion and memory in the brain, switching your route home can aid mental sharpness and build up the hippocampus. Remember to use a GPS to enable you find your way back home if you can't navigate easily on your own.
4. Hocus focus. Hocus focus means an intense state of concentration. This is to improve the memory. For at least 5 minutes a day sit still in a place and only focus on your breathing. It helps the brain slow down and refresh perfectly. Focus on one thing in your conscious mind , this will boost your focus and attention span.
5. Listen to anything that sounds foreign. Try listening to a song in a new language or try learning words in a different language. This stimulates the growth of new neurons in the brain.
6. Try tongue twisting. Tongue twisting acts as a great stimulator to the brain cells.
7. Okay puzzles and games
These efforts boost the brain and aids alacrity and improved functionality.
Photo credits: Pinterest, shutterstock
Content created and supplied by: Wuraola23 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More