The following is a list of statement made many years ago by expert in their fields. At this time they were said they sounded intelligent. With the passing of time they sound idiotic
1. Kenneth Olsen, president of digital equipment corporation in 1977 said"There's no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home"
This has been proven wrong as airplanes are highly used by the military.
3. Dr Lee De Forest, Inventor of the audion tube and father of radio said" Man will never reach the moon regardless of all the future scientific advances".
But he's been proved wrong as Neil Armstrong reached the moon.
4. Darry F. Zanuck, head of 20th century-fox, in 1946 said"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months as people would get tired of staring at a plywood box every night".
But is that true? Television has becomed more advanced than it was then and has become a great source of entertainment to people all over the globe.
5. Decca Records rejecting the Beatles in 1962 said "we don't like their sound. Groups of guitar on the way out".
Hasn't this been proven wrong?
6. Dr Ian G MacDonald said"For the majority of people, the use of tobacco has a beneficial effect".
This statement is false as tobacco has done more harm than good. It has ruined the life of many.
7. Western Union Internal Memo in 1876 said"the telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us"
But this statement has been rubbish as the benefits of telephone in the communication sector is unrivalled.
8. Ptolemy, the great Egyptian astronomer said "the earth is in the center of the universe".
Is this true? Guess we all know the answer
9. King George of England said"Nothing of importance happened today".
10. Charles H Duell, US commissioner of patent said in 1899" Everything that needs to be invented has been invented"
Is that true?
Is he right?
Drop your answers in the comments section below
Content created and supplied by: Oritsetimeyin (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More