Some people are so concerned about getting married that, they forget that marriage is a life long arrangement that they should not be rushed into without doing the necessary things.
Before making a lifelong commitment, it is important to undergo certain medical test to ensure that the both of you are completely compatible.
These tests are very important because, they can determine how happy or sad your marriage will be and if such a union is going to stand the test of time.
Here Are Seven Medical Test Couples Must Undergo Before Getting Married.
1. Fertility Test: most people that go into marriage, plan on having children. So, if you intend to have children, it is important to carry out fertility test to make sure that, both of you are fertile in order to avoid crisis, emotional stress and potential divorce in the marriage.
The man should undergo fertility test like seminal analysis and the women should undergo tests like, pelvic ultrasound.
2. Genotype Test: these days, many people know their genotype but interestingly, the issue of genotype does not come up during dating in some relationships. Which results in people who have incompatible genotypes getting married.
For example, people who have AS genotypes are not meant to get married especially, if they intend to have children. The same goes for AS and SS people, and people whose genotypes are both SS.
Image: Times Of India
3. Tests For Serious Medical Conditions: this test is meant to determine whether either couple have a serious medical condition or, if there is a possibility that they will develop serious medical conditions like Kidney disease.
Having serious medical condition may not necessarily be a barrier to a successful marriage. It is just necessary to prepare the couples for what to expect.
4. Test For Genetically Transmitted Conditions: a child inherits it's genes from both parents so, if one of it's parents have a genetically transitable condition their child might get the diesease gene.
Diseases like; cancer and diabetes usually runs in the family. So, it is important to do genetic test in order to be informed and prepared.
5. Thalassemia Test: according to Times Of India, thalassemia can lead to birth defects in your future children.
So, in order to prevent this from happening, it is important for couples to get the thalassemia test before getting married.
Image: The Economic Times
6. Blood Group Test (Rhesus): this test is carried out to ensure both partners have compatible blood groups and to avoid rhesus incompatibility. People either have positive or, negative rhesus factor.
If one the couples have a different Rhesus factor, there will be a 50% chance that their child will be born with haemolytic disease if care is not taken during pregnancy.
7. STDs: experts have advised couples intending get married to check for the possibility of lifelong infections such as; HIV, Hepatitis B and C and herpes.
It is also important to do STD test like gonorrhea and syphilis test because untreated syphilis can cause a baby to be blind at birth.
Image: News Medical
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More