Photo Credit: Google Photos
Marriage is not just a word or thought of being together FOREVER. It takes years and years of understanding, love, trust and respect for each other to live. A counselor friend of mine says that 100% of marriages hit the wall at some point. I find that hard to believe but he's been counseling for a long time and he insists its true. So, if every marriage hits a wall and approximately 50% last then divorce isn't inevitable. That doesn't mean marriage isn't hard.
I think the main reason divorces happen is because people get married for themselves. Selfishness kills marriages. If two people get married with a commitment to love the other then a life long marriage is completely realistic, but it means loving through the tough times. It means loving when you don't "feel" like it. So, why do couples divorce?
People usually fail to protect their marriage and end of divorcing because;
1. They loose their respect for their partner eventually.
2.Lack of patiences to make things work out.
3. Lack of Understanding each other, even in worst times.
4. Lack of Understanding the essence of love and not just their physical touch.
5. Money mismanagement (or the inability to mange money).
6. Immaturity (one partner grows up or becomes responsible and the other doesn’t).
7. Incompatible goals (something that happens if you don’t take the time to discuss your life path, family planning, etc BEFORE you get married).
8. Outside interference (such as a clingy or demanding extended family that takes one spouse’s focus away from his/her own family).
9. Addiction (alcoholism, dr*gs, religion - anything can be an addiction. And an addiction takes a huge toll on the family because, it takes over the addict and blinds him/her to everything that’s important).
10. Lack of patience
With growing independence, patience is downgraded in a relationship because both parties know their survival mode pretty well. Therefore, intolerance leads to bigger mess ahead.
We will love to know your opinion after reading this article. So, the comment section is open for you.
Do not forget to like and follow me for more Relationship and Parenting tips. Also do well to share this article because with your help, we can reach more people to spread awareness on Relationship and Parenting Issues.
Thanks for reading!!!!
Content created and supplied by: FranklySpeakingwithJeremiah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More