The first trimester in pregnancy can be a very challenging period as it comes with it's own problem and challenges. But as a woman if you understand what to do and not to do, it won't be a tough period for you. In the first trimester, many pregnant women become frustrated as to many experience vomiting, stomach ache, nausea, tiredness etc.
Below are The Do's in the first trimester in pregnancy.
1. Sports; Always engage yourself in sporting activities as they help relieve stress and make you more active. Do exercises like Yoga, swimming and walking and avoid strenuous exercise like Soccer, basketball etc.
2. Endeavor to take Folic Acid.
Folic acid is an essential vitamin that all pregnant women are to take as it helps prevent pre-eclampsia and defective babies.
3. Always drink fluids- a pregnant woman always have to keep it in mind that she's now catering for herself and her baby so she should drink enough water and also eat enough food for the nourishment and growth of the foetus.
4. Women in their first trimester are advised to get an influenza vaccine as this flu when experienced during pregnancy is more severe.
Below are some Dont's
1- Avoid Smoking; smoking is not good naturally but as a pregnant woman, if you still smoke it could affect your child making him of her develop Asthma and other related ailments after birth.
2. Avoid the intake of Alcohol- intake of alcohol especially in the first trimester makes children develop certain brain malfunction and other things like vision problem, kidney problem, low IQ etc.
3. Always eat properly cooked food and eat a balanced diet.
4. In as much as you want to eat well because you're carrying a baby, limit the intake of food as it you eat excessively, your child could become obese later in future.
5. Most especially, avoid being dehydrated.
Do well to like, comment, share and follow for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Verachii (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More