1. Connect with your partner emotionally. This is a must do and is more important than bringing them gifts or taking them out for dinner.
2. You may have strong feelings of love for your partner. But let me tell you that, that is not enough. You absolutely have to put your feelings into actions by doing nice, benevolent things for your partner. These can be actions like taking out the trash, doing the laundry, checking the mail, cleaning up the house. You need to do this without being told. Actions speak louder than words.
3. Look at your personality differences in a positive light. Lets say you like to stay at home and your partner likes to travel. Now rather than regretting the travel and acting grumpy, thank your relation with your partner for being the reason you get to go out in your life and visit a new place finally.
4. Be absolutely honest to yourself about how you feel about your partner. If you have any negative feelings or emotions then try to find where they are stemming from. Then try to make an honest attempt to handle those issues respectfully and be ready to accept your partners opinions and feelings.
5. Be transparent and supportive in money matters. Be respectful and mindful of the fact that what may matter to your partner may not matter to you and vice versa. Remember your partner is also a human being with a different flair for life, likes, dislikes and preferences when it comes to spending money.
6. Listen listen listen to your partner. You may not like or agree with it. But you should be drawn to listening to your partner just because you love them. That reason should be enough. Show care, compassion and love when hearing them out. Empathize with them, express that you understand how they are feeling. Sometimes all your partner needs is a pair of ears, so don't try to jump into problem solving mode.
7. Last but the most important point: If you have kids, you need to spend time with them. Moms love it when they see dads spending time with their kids. This increases love and affection in the relationship.
Bottom line is it all depends on what you are willing to do for your relationship and how much you love and respect your partner? If you feel love and respect for your partner then prove it by your actions.
Please feel free to add yours in the comment section below.
Thanks for reading!
Content created and supplied by: FranklySpeakingwithJeremiah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More