Money matters are a leading cause of friction and discomfort in relationships, with many women assuming the role of primary and sometimes, sole earner.
Here are some tips on how to navigate this sensitive issue.
1. Communication is key: Communicate with your spouse so you can lay out clear family goals.
2. Clarify expectations of each other: Maintaining respect and acknowledging how you both contribute to the marriage will help. Does it really matter who makes more money; or is working together as a team to meet the needs of the family not more important?
3. Don't listen to third parties: Stay clear of conversations that are only criticism and judgement of your established family dynamics.
4. Look after yourself: Your physical, mental and spiritual health is even more important now than ever, particularly if your family depends on your income.
5. Be thankful: At the end of the day, you must be proud and thankful that you are able to provide for your loved ones. The income differential should not damage a relationship.
Content created and supplied by: Sophia3000 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More