The path to successful Marriage
A successful marriage is the state of being comfortable, happy and being at peace. Dictionary meaning of success is the state of gaining what is aimed at. The aim of every marriage is to be happy, comfortable, peaceful and joyful. For you to achieve these aims you must walk in the right path.
Let us look at the path of LOVE
Love is doing kind deeds. We can love our partner daily in practical ways.
Six very practical ways to love are:
1. Saying words of appreciation.
2. Doing kind deeds.
3. Accepting each other.
Saying words of appreciation: Everyone needs appreciation. We all like to hear words such as "I appreciate the way you help my parent" "Honey you are trying". "I thank God I marry you". "I thank you for providing for the home.
God bless you my sweet heart. Say these words privately and in the present of friends and relatives
2. Doing acts of kindness: God commands husband and wife to love each other Ephesians 5v 24 to 25."Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."
Verse 25 " Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it"
For instance, the husbands should tell their wives " I love you"
Go for a walk with your wife: This will show her that you'll enjoy spending time with her.
Bring her a gift once in a while.
Be careful how you speak to her when you are angry.
Spend time sitting and talking with her. Let he know your thought and feelings.
Take time to pray with her. Together place your problem in God's hands.
For wives, 1. When Your husband comes from work, welcome him with a smile and cheerful
Words that will let him know you are happy to see him.
2. When he does something kind, thank him.
3. Mention his good qualities at all time.
4. Make special dishes for him once in a while, and serve the food with your best plates.
3. Accepting your partner. 1 Peter 4 verse 8 To love your husband, your wife and children it means that you have to accept them with their imperfections. Don't compare your partner with someone else.
4. Communication: communication is talking with each other freely and honestly. A husband and wife must communicate if they hope to understand each other.
5. Prayer: prayer is vital step in making your marriage successful.
6. Sex: This is given by God to married people to enough. It is also very important in making the marriage succesful. 1 Cor7:4-5 verse 4 says "The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband has no power of his own body, but the wife. Sex is good only for married people. In order to enjoy it you must prepare.
Please watch out for my next write up on Successful Marriage.
Content created and supplied by: Helenkome (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More