Apart from the fact that Marriage is not a bed of roses, there are other truthful words you may not have heard or known about marriage and that's what you will see in this article.
1) Marriage is a long life journey. It only ends with death.
2) Love is not enough for marriage. Only love can't make Marriage to work or to be successful.
3) If your spouse is not compatible with you. You need to learn to adjust and be patient with him or her.
4) You will have argument and misunderstanding with each other.
5) Marriage needs money. Without money, you can't manage the affairs of Marriage.
6) Marriage is garbage in garbage out. Simply means, what you put or what you committed into your marriage is what you will get in return. If you put trouble, you will get it in return.
7) Marriage will show your maturity. Without being matured positively your marriage will crash.
8) Marriage doesn’t manufacture joy. Your source of joy should come from the Lord. Apart from God, you are the next person that's holding the key of your happiness and not your spouse.
9) Marriage needs selflessness. A selfish person has no place in Marriage.
10) Marriage needs prayer. We have all heard them saying that prayer is the key? Without inviting God into your marriage through prayers, your marriage will definitely heat the rock and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen.
11) Marriage needs attention. There's no limit to the attention your spouse needs from you. Attention helps Marriage to work smoothly.
12) Marriage needs unity. A Marriage without UNITY is not Marriage and can't even be listed under Relationship.
13) Marriage needs training. There's no enough knowledge for Marriage. You don't stop reading books, visiting websites and attending seminars. You have to continue training yourself mentally.
14) Marriage is not an Olympic Game so don't expect to win your spouse in every argument.
15) Marriage involves two people and their God. God Should always be at the center of your Marriage if you want it to work and be successful.
16) Marriage is not a war field even though is not a bed of roses.
17) Marriage is a love affair. Even when love alone is not enough to make you happy in marriage, all your affairs should be centered in love.
18) Marriage is not do or die affair. Don't force yourself or someone else into Marriage.
19) Marriage needs work-life balance.
20) Marriage is like table tennis; you cannot play it alone.
21) Marriage needs effective communication. This is like the blood that runs in the flesh of Marriage.
22) Marriage is not a home for third-party decision or determination. Your friend Shouldn't control you to do what he or she is doing in their own Marriage. What works for them must not work for you.
23) Marriage needs spiritual warfare. Praying for your marriage shouldn't have a timetable.
24) Your character is your marriage.
25) Marriage needs forgiveness and ones acceptance of wrongs. Accept your errors and as well forgive when you are apologized to.
26) Marriage is meeting needs. You meet the need of each other in Marriage and not only your own needs.
27) Marriage is a marathon race. You make everything possible to win your adversary.
28) Marriage will reveal your true attitude. Your true personality.
29) Marriage is the foundation for parenting. You can't be a good parent without Marriage.
30) Marriage needs patience.
31) Marriage needs submissiveness.
32) Marriage needs understanding.
33) Marriage needs wisdom.
34) Marriage needs togetherness.
35) Marriage is a partnership.
36) Marriage is a covenant.
37) Marriage needs spending time together.
38) Marriage was created by God.
39) God is interested in the success of your marriage.
40) Your marriage will affect the quality of your life. If you handle it wisely, you may live wisely. If you handle it wrongly, you may live a life of regret.
What is your thoughts about this? Add yours using the comment section.
All the pictures used in this article are used for illustrative purposes.
Content created and supplied by: Allsinglesandmarried (via Opera News )