A common problem nowadays is how lonely people are. A lot of them are unable to socialize or unwilling to in some cases. Even those who genuinely want to make more connections end up not knowing where to start or what to do.
Here are eight (8) ways to do it.
1. Go out of your way to start conversations. Stop by a co-workers desk every now and then.
2. Periodically text the people in your life just to check on them. Constant communication is required to nurture relationship. There’s no way around that.
3. Suspend your judgement for a while:
Don't be too quick to judge. Let people prove their worth but do not let pre-made ideas you might have of them define their value. Give people the time to show their true nature. Goes both positively and negatively. Gather enough information first.
4. Stop declining invitations. You must start to view social gatherings as a priority even if it’s on a weekday or an inconvenient time. The more invitations you decline, the less likely you’ll be invited next time.
5. Open your home. Invite a few people over one Saturday evening. Have some drinks, food, and music. It may seem awkward at first but these kinds of gatherings are what build strong bonds.
6. Open up your heart. Don’t be afraid to let people know what’s going on in your life, good or bad. People can relate to your struggles and accomplishments. That will in turn, cause them to open up to you also.
7. Include people in your plans. Invite someone to the gym with you or invite them to go shopping next time you go to the mall. Include people in the activities that you normally do alone.
8. Make a habit of getting to know and talking to the people you interact with daily, like cashiers, waitresses, and bus drivers, to practice and improve your conversation skills. Be generous with compliments.
Do you agree otherwise?
Content created and supplied by: FranklySpeakingwithJeremiah (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More