Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Crime Justice

 

Kidnapping

Today's Headines: Bandits kidnap over 30 travellers in Niger, Gov Ikpeazu salutes Uko Nkoke at 46

Photo Credit: Goggle

Bandits kidnap over 30 travellers Niger

Photo Credit: Daily Post

Over 30 passengers have been allegedly kidnapped by armed bandits at Garun-Gabas in Rafi Local Government Council of Niger State.

It was gathered that the victims were abducted Wednesday afternoon along the Zungeru-Garin-Gabas highway on three separate vehicles.

Eyewitness account, the bandits blocked the road shooting sporadically into the air to scare villagers who scampered to various directions before whisking the passengers away to an unknown location..

A resident of the area who did not want the name mentioned, said after kidnapping the travellers the bandits in large numbers ran into the Kundu forest in Rafi to rustle cattles.

Gov Ikpeazu salutes Uko Nkoke at 46

Photo Credit: Daily Post

Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, has described the member representing Arochukwu/Ohafia Federal Constituency in theHouse of Representatives, Hon Uko Nkoke, as an outstanding federal legislator who effectively combines his legislative duties in Abuja with keeping regular tracks of the development of his constituency.

He stated this in a statement by Onyebuchi Ememanka, his Chief Press Secretary, congratulating the Abia federal lawmaker, on the occasion of his 46th birthday, on Wednesday, and issued to newsmen in Umuahia, the state capital.

Governor Ikpeazu also applauded Nkoke, for the strong support he provides for the activities of the state government and the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abia.

End SARS: Youths in Port Harcourt hold candlelight procession

Photo Credit: Daily Post

Hundreds of youths in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, on Wednesday, staged a candlelight procession in commemoration of those who lost their lives during the End SARS protest of last year.

The youths converged around the popular Waterlines junction around 4pm to begin their protest.

The youths marched through the streets in company of armed security operatives.

Some of the protesters carried placards with various inscriptions like “no protester will die in vain under our watch”.

They demanded that the government begin the implementation of the recommendation of the panel of inquiries set up by state governments including the prosecution of erring police officers.

Strike: Cross River orders workers to return to work or risk sanctions

Photo Credit: Daily Post

The Cross River State Government has directed all civil servants in the state to resume work Thursday, October 21, 2021, by 8am, or be sanctioned.

This follows a National Industrial Court order directing indefinite suspension of the industrial action declared by the NLC/TUC in the state last week Tuesday over its 14-point demands.

In a letter signed by the Head of Service in the state, Mrs. Geraldine Akpet-Ekanem and made available to journalists Wednesday evening, she directed all permanent secretaries, directors and other civil servants in all MDAs to resume work at 8am, stressing that attendance would be strictly taken.

Reacting, the state chairman of NLC, Comrade Ben Ukpebi, said the strike action will continue irrespective of the NIC order.

He said the reported NIC order was yet to be released, adding that they, too, will obtain a Stay of Execution order from the court.

Content created and supplied by: Bainwrites18 (via Opera News )

Daily Post Garun-Gabas Ikpeazu Niger Uko Nkoke

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments