Some of the major problems we are facing in this country is Boko Haram Insurgency and Fulani Herdsmen. They have become a thorn in the flesh of Nigerians and they must be eradicated with immediate effect before they cause more harms. Sometimes I wonder if their conscience is still intact, they kill their fellow humans like animals, they indulge in kidnapping, suicide bombing and other evil acts you can think of. If something is not done sooner, we might loose our lives. Some people don't feel concerned because most of the killing are happening in the northern part of Nigeria, and it should not be so, we should be our brothers keeper.
5 Things the Government Can Do To Defeat Boko Haram And Fulani Herdsmen:
1. Put God First: The Bible says that in all that we do, we should endeavor to put in first, so the federal government should put God first by seeking him, they should be prayerful and commit the country into the hand of God. After putting God first, the next step should be taken because God only help those that can help themselves.
2. Adopt A New Strategy: Since 2009, Boko Haram has been terrorising the country and all the strategies the government has tried so far has proven to be useless. The government should put their heads together and device a new means to defeat Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen.
3. Creating Job Opportunities: You will all agree with me that majority of the youths in this country both the graduates and illiterates are jobless. The government should eradicate poverty by creating Job Opportunities for the jobless so that they will not indulge in criminal activities. From what I have observed, if job opportunities were in excess in this country, the Boko Haram members and Fulani Herdsmen would have been working and not indulging in crimes.
4. Increase Salaries Of the Armed Forces: The government should increase the salaries of the police and army so that they will be encouraged and they will have the mind to perform their duties well. When one is not been paid well for rendering services, he or she will be discouraged and do the work with grudges.
5. Introducing Highly Mechanized Gadgets For the Armed Forces: The government should provide the police and armies with latest gadgets, they should buy them good guns, good camera and good cars so that they can perform their jobs evenly. I will use the American police force as an example, they are highly equipped and they ensure to put the lives of the citizens to heart.
So what do you think, are this points helpful? If you have any other suggestions, please do leave it in the comment section, don't forget to like, share and follow me for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Happylee (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More