Again, Zamfara Governor Secures Release Of Four Victims - Channels.
Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, has again secured the release of four kidnap victims without ransom.
The victims who had been in captivity for 49 days said they were abducted in Boko community of Zurmi Local Government Area of the state.
Among them is a District Head and a serving Councillor in Zurmi Local government area of the state
This comes barely three weeks after the state government facilitatade the release of 10 abducted residents of the state.
It is however not clear whether a ransom was paid to the bandits before the victims were released.
On March 9, the state government through the Commissioner for Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Dauran, announced that the victims who had been in captivity for over three months and two weeks abducted in the Gwaram community of Talata Mafara Local Government Area of the state.
Among them are three men, including the father of one of the abducted Jangebe School Girls, four women and three children.
Dauran, said they were rescued without ransom through the peace initiative of the state government.
He explained that the state government will continue with the peace dialogue, noting it is paving way for lasting peace in the state.
Court orders extension of NIN registration by 2 months - Punch Newspapers.
A Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has ordered the extension of the deadline for National Identity Number, NIN by two months effective from Tuesday, March 23, 2021.
Justice M.A. Onyetenu granted the extension while delivering a ruling in a suit filed by human rights lawyer, Monday Ubani against the federal government, Attorney General of the Federation, Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC and the Minister of Communication and Digital Economy.
In the suit, Ubani had contended that the initial two weeks ultimatum (now extended to April 6, 2021) given to telecommunication operators to block SIM Cards of Nigerians who have not registered their SIM Card with NIN if allowed, will infringe on his constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of expression, right to own moveable property and right to life.
He, therefore, prayed the court for an order halting the said ultimatum and extending the deadline.
Former Ondo Assembly Minority Leader Dies In Auto Crash - Channels.
A former Minority Leader of the Ondo State House of Assembly, Lubi Akpoebi has died in a road accident.
A former political associate of the late lawmaker who preferred to be anonymous who confirmed the incident to Channels Television on telephone revealed that the accident occurred at Owena, along the Akure/Ondo Highway on Tuesday afternoon.
The source disclosed that the deceased was coming from his hometown in Ese-Odo to Akure, driving alone in the vehicle when the accident happened.
The deceased who is of the Ijaw extraction represented Ese-Odo Constituency at the state assembly. He also held sway as Caretaker Chairman of Ese-Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
Late Akpoebi also served under the administration of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu during the first term as Special Assistant on Niger Delta Affairs, but he resigned his appointment in 2020.
He was also Special Adviser to Senator representing Ondo South, Nicholas Tofowomo on Strategy and Special Interest.
Security agencies probe community leaders' disappearance in Kaduna - Punch Newspapers.
The Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, has said the military and the police are investigating the circumstances leading to the disappearance of community leaders in the Atyap Chiefdom of Zango-Kataf Local Government Area of the state.
According to the commissioner, the community leaders went missing after a dispute resolution meeting on Sunday.
Aruwan explained that during the meeting, financial compensation was made for the destruction of crops by cattle under the watch of a herder, as reported to the state government by security agencies.
He gave the names of three community leaders that are still missing as Ardo Pate Usman Kurmi (Wakilin Fulanin Atyap Chiefdom), Ardo Muhammadu Anchau, and Yakubu Muhammadu.
The Commissioner said, “according to the feedback, the Secretary to the District Head of Gora, Ayuba Bungon, and others who attended the successful meeting, went missing while traveling in his vehicle. The car was later found vandalised and empty.
“Troops on search-and-rescue missions later that night found the Secretary, and handed him over safely to the Police. Some arms and ammunition were also recovered in the general area in the course of search and rescue.
“Moreover, two other leaders who went missing were reported to have escaped from their captors on Monday and were also found by troops conducting search operations. They were identified as Yusuf Dauda and Gomna Audu.
“The two, according to the military, were confirmed to be in a good state of health and handed over to the Police.
“Governor Nasir El-Rufai noted the feedback with gratitude and urged the troops to sustain the pace of operations.
“The Governor also made an appeal to the Atyap Chiefdom, as well as families and relations of the missing leaders to remain calm, as security agencies continue with investigations and search-and-rescue operations.”
Kwara police command debunks news of churches being burnt in Ilorin - Daily Post. I
The Kwara State Police Command, on Tuesday, debunked alleged reports of churches set ablaze in Ilorin during Monday’s protest.
A statement by the spokesman of the Command, Okasanmi Ajayi in Ilorin, also denied claims by some national dailies that shops were looted and business offices vandalized by protesters in the Ilorin metropolis.
“The command wishes to debunk the story in its entirety, no single church was burnt, no shop was looted, neither was any business facility closed down as a result of the hijab milieu,” the statement added.
According to the command, the announcement of the opening of mission schools, heralded the protests by the church proprietors who insisted that no female students with hijab, would be allowed entry and the attendant insistence by the Muslims, that the female students must be allowed to enter the schools in hijab.
The statement, however, explained that “All through this, the command deployed adequate policemen and other security agencies in all the schools and churches, while the protests which were restricted to the schools have been peaceful.
“Efforts by hoodlums to hijack the process was vehemently resisted by the police,” the statement further stated.
The state Police Commissioner, Mohammed Lawal Bagega, urged the pressmen to continue with their support as usual and verify their stories before going public.
Content created and supplied by: 9jatweets.com (via Opera News )