Death is often described as a necessary evil especially when the deceased is loved by many.
She was a former member of Lagos State House of Assembly representing Amuwo Odofin constituency 1.
Below are five facts you should keep handy about the deceased:
1. She met King Sunny Ade at the age of 23 while she was still in Secondary School.
After meeting her, Sunny Ade would later form his own backing band in 1967 which was known as his African Beats.
2. Adegeye unsuccessfully contested for the position of Chairman in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos. She vied for the position under the platform of the All Progressives Congress.
3. The revered matriarch Adegeye was a Honourable Member in the 6th Assembly of the Lagos State House of Assembly. She only served one term as state lawmaker between 2011 and 2015.
Adegeye also served at Lagos State House of Assembly Service Commission.
4. Her death came a day before the 75th birthday of King Sunny Ade scheduled for Wednesday, September 22.
Although the nature of her death was not disclosed in a statement released to the public by Daniel Fayemi, who is the media aide to her son, Adegeye's remains have since been deposited at the TOS funeral homes, Lagos. Unfortunately, she did not live to see her husband clock 75.
5. She is survived by her husband and a son George Folarin.
According to the statement, further information in respect to her burial ceremony will be announced later after extensive consultations with the family.
May God grant her eternal rest.
Content created and supplied by: OBJstyles (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More