To Secure Your Bank Account From Hackers Even When Your Sim Or Phone Gets Stolen, Do This
Do you know that your Sim card is more important to phone thieves than the phone itself? Here is why
Hackers use the SIM cards to penetrate any bank account linked to it and steal money from it or even request loans which might lead to more cash out than the profit they could get from selling any stolen phone.
So to avoid falling victim to a situation like this when your phone gets stolen or you misplace your sim card below are simple steps to follow to secure your sim and bank account linked to it against phone thieves that might want to use the USSD code to carry out transactions from your bank account.
1. The first step required is for you to Go to the SETTINGS on Your phone.
2. After you must have clicked setting, Locate and click the SECURITY & LOCATION or BIOMETRICS &
3.Scroll down or locate SIM CARD LOCK.
4. And when you click on the Sim Card lock, you will see the sims on your phone with a toggle that indicates if you want to switch on a SIM lock like the one below.
5. Depending on the number of Sims you have on your phone, click on the SIM you want to enable, then toggle it on, it will request a default Sim Card pin of your mobile network provider if you are setting up for the first time after which you will be required to input your preferred pin.
Below are the default sim card pin of all network providers
MTN users it is "00000".
AIRTEL users it is "1111".
9mobile users it is "0000"
For GLO users, it is "0000"
6. After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, under it You will see " CHANGE SIM PIN", click on it to change to Your unique 4-digit pin,
7. Confirm Your unique 4-digit pin by entering it again & YOU ARE DONE 👍.
With this activated on your sim anytime your phone is off or perhaps you change your sim and put it in another phone, it will request for the sim pin which is different from your general screen lock pattern.
Even if the SIM is inserted in a small phone like 'palasa, without the code, no one will be able to operate on the SIM. So the SIM becomes useless for whoever has unlawful access to it, saving you the stress of having to run to the bank to block your account when your phone gets stolen.
Please kindly share this information with Your loved ones because the rate of phone theft these days is alarming as they (phone thieves) are not just after the phone but SIM CARDS linked to Your bank account.
Content created and supplied by: Kiriyo (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More