Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice



Generator fumes kill nursing mother, baby in Ondo

The death of a 29-year-old nursing mother, Tawa, and her five-month-old child has left residents of Owo, the headquarters of the Owo Local Government Area of Ondo State, in confusion. The tragic incident was caused by the fumes of a generator purchased less than a week ago.

According to reports, the couple had turned on the generator before going to bed. The following day, Tawa did not report to work with her husband, causing her older sister to become worried. When her sister called to inquire about the baby's health, Tawa revealed that the infant was ill, and her sister advised her to bring the child to the hospital.

However, when her sister arrived at the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) in Owo at around 1 o'clock, she discovered that neither Tawa nor her husband were at work. Concerned, she went to their house with a few of the deceased's coworkers. They found the door locked, so they had to force entry. To their horror, they discovered the couple lying unconscious on the bed, and the baby had already passed away.

Tawa was immediately put on a ventilator to revive her and her husband, but she later passed away while doctors were battling to save her husband's life. The husband remains in critical condition at the FMC.

Source: "Daily Post"

Content created and supplied by: evron_words (via Opera News )

Ondo Ondo State Owo Tawa


Load app to read more comments