Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit is a new security outfit in Onitsha created with a view to checkmating the accesses of criminal elements like the killer Fulani herdsmen in Onitsha and its environs while Eastern Security Network is also new but older than the former, it was formed by the leader Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu to tackle the menace of killer Fulani herdsmen in all the bushes and forests of old Eastern region.
Photos credited to vanguardngr
1. Funding: In area of funding the two security outfits, Eastern Security Network will be better funded because IPOB has a large membership across 120 countries of the globe, that pay their monthly dues which are judiciously used, but Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit does not have such number of people to fund the outfit, it may likely be funded through donations of rich sons and daughters of the town and monthly dues of Onitsha working indigenes of town, who are not as many as IPOB.
2. Voluntary and Non-voluntary: Eastern Security Network is a voluntary organisation motivated by nationalism and patriotism to the anticipated Biafran Republic, while Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit is a non-voluntary organisation motivated by monthly reward.
3. Place of operation: Eastern Security Network operates in the bushes and forests old Eastern Nigeria, while Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit will be working in the city of mainly Onitsha and its environs.
4. The type of arms and ammunition: Eastern Security Network has more sophisticated weapons believed to be AK-47 Rifles and other dangerous weapons while even if Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit will bear arms, it will be limited to pump action guns.
6. Area of coverage and numerical strength: Eastern Security Network has more members that will cover old Eastern region while Onicha Ado Vigilante Unit has a limited number that will cover only Onitsha and its environs.
Photos credited to TV News and SaharaReporters
Content created and supplied by: ChukwuOlisa (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More