Fraudsters are using different information to withdraw money from people's bank account every day, one of the information they are using is Bank Verification Number (BVN). Who tells you fraudsters can't use your BVN to withdraw money from your bank account? My brother, it's very possible with additional information like Date of Birthday (BOD) and One-time password (OTP).
However, with BVN, BOD, and OTP, fraudsters can withdraw money from your bank account using different online platforms.
Here are five methods fraudsters can get your BVN and BOD to withdraw money from your bank account.
1. Some people put their phone numbers on social media, they can take your phone number from your social media, call you to lure you to give out your BVN and BOD by telling you that you have a problem with your bank account or ATM.
2. Fraudsters have different Email addresses that resemble banks' email addresses. They can use any of the emails to send you a mail to reply with your bank details.
3. Fraudsters can get your BVN and BOD from unsecured loan websites. Never apply for a loan from an unauthorized loan website.
4. Fraudsters can get your BVN and BOD on your lost phones, that's why it's not advisable to store your BVN on your phone.
5. Fraudsters can get your bank details from your disposed documents that contain your BVN and BOD.
Have you been duped before?
Kindly narrate your experience in the box below, and share the post on other platforms for people to read
Don't forget to like, and follow EngrLas to get the more gifts
Content created and supplied by: EngrLas (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More