Talents abound in Nigeria when it comes to the round leather game. Just recently an article was written on Nigerians that finished as top scorer in Europe, and a total of 14 Nigerian players made the list. In this article, Asia is in focus and the story is the same. Nigerian players also dominate their leagues and have added their names to the top scorer list.
Here are Nigerian players that finished as a top scorer in Asia:
1. Peter Utaka: he holds the record of finishing as a top scorer in Europe and reprising the same action in Asia. In the 2016 season, Utaka netted 19 goals while playing for Sanfreece Hiroshima in Japan. He was the top scorer having outscored other players.
2. Uche Agba: he is a Nigerian player and was the top scorer in the Bahrain league in the 2017/2018 season. He scored 18 goals in the colour of Al Hidd.
3. Bartholomew Ogbeche: he was a member of the Nigerian squad at the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Japan/Korea. Ogbeche was the top scorer in the Indian league when he netted 15 goals in the colour of Kerala Busters. This was in the 2019/2020 season.
4. Ifedayo Olusegun Patrick Omoseyi: he is an unknown Nigerian player who is in plying his trade in Malaysia. He netted 12 goals in the 2020 season which was ahead of other players. He did it while playing for Selangor FC.
5. Daniel Olerum: another unknown Nigerian player. He was the top scorer in Iran in the 2006/2007 season. Then he was playing for Abu Moslem. He netted 17 goals in that season
6. Ganiyu Oseni: while playing for Ha Noi FC In the 2018 season, he netted 17 goals that made him the top scorer. This he did in the far away from Vietnam.
7. Timothy Anjembe: he was last seen with the Aba giant, Enyimba. He was the highest goal scorer in the Vietnamese league after netting 17 goals in the 2012 season. Then he was playing for Soi Gon FC.
Samson Olaleye is another Nigerian-born in Vietnam that finished as top scorer in two consecutive seasons. He is Vietnamese now.
Content created and supplied by: Ezi4Amara (via Opera News )