Earlier this week, Chelsea Veteran Midfielder N'Golo Kante returned to training after over 6 Months of absence. The last time that the world Cup Winner played for Chelsea was against Tottenham Hotspur in a Premier League game at Stamford Bridge. He left the pitch before the end of that game over an Injury concern.
Between August 2022 and February 2023 that N'Golo Kante was recovering from his injury, a lot of events have happened at Chelsea and the Fans of the West London club have gone through so much emotions.
We'll take a look at some of the events that shaped Chelsea's 2022/23 Season during the lengthy absent of N'Golo Kante.
1. Chelsea Fired Thomas Tuchel
Perhaps, this was the beginning of Chelsea's struggles this season. The West London club fired the German Gaffer after his 7th game this season.
2. Chelsea Appointed Graham Potter
The Englishman was recruited from Brighton and Hove Albion to take over from Thomas Tuchel.
3. Chelsea Reached The UCL Knockout rounds
Chelsea lost their first game of the UCL this season against Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia but Graham Potter made sure that they reached the Knockout rounds.
4. Chelsea Crashed Out Of The EFL Cup
Manchester City was responsible for the early elimination of Chelsea from the EFL Cup in November last year.
5. Chelsea Crashed Out Of The FA Cup
Manchester City eliminated the West London club from the FA Cup in January.
6. Reece James Signed A New Contract, becoming the most paid Defender in Chelsea history.
7. Chelsea Signed Joao Felix.
8. Chelsea Signed Enzo Fernandez.
9. Chelsea broke their personal and British record fee.
10. Chelsea Hijacked Mykhaylo Mudryk From Arsenal.
11. Chelsea Signed Benoit Badiashile.
12. Kalidou Koulibaly Lost His Place To Badiashile In The Team.
13. Chelsea dropped to the 10th position on the Premier league table.
14. Jorginho left West London for North London to join Arsenal in the race for the Premier league title.
15. Graham Potter almost got Fired as Chelsea Fans revolt against him after a run of poor performance.
Content created and supplied by: AminullahiMuritala (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More