The UEFA Champions league match day 2 has been concluded. There was some scintillating results from the 16 venues that hosted these matches.
As usual, the aim of the group stage of the competition is to select the best 16 clubs from the various 8 groups of the competition.
6 Football clubs are in a good position to qualify for the knockout phase. All they just need is 6 points from the remaining 4 matches to qualify.
These clubs are:
1. Sheriff Tirasol: The Moldavian based club has taken everyone by surprise in this competition. Despite debuting in the competition for the first time, they are first with 6 points. Their closest rival, Real Madrid has just 3 points while Inter Milan and Shakhtar Donetsk has 1 point each. If Sheriff can get a win in 2 of the 4 matches, he will have 12 points which is enough to secure a spot in the UEFA Champions league Round of 16.
2. Liverpool FC: the English club has been in fine form in this season's UEFA Champions league matches. They lead Group B with 6 points while their closest competitor, Athletico Madrid has 4 points. Liverpool can qualify for the knockout phase if they can win just 2 matches.
3. Ajax: Ajax have been in a blistering form in this season's competition. They have won their 2 games so far and leads group C with 6 points. They should be able to advance to the next stage of the tournament if they can get 6 points from the available 12.
4. Borussia Dortmund: the German Bundesliga club are also in group c alongside Ajax. Though they are 2nd, but they have gotten 6 points from the 2 matches played so far. They can also qualify together with Ajax with 2 wins from 4 matches.
5. Bayern Munich: Bayern Munich are leading Group E comfortably with 6 points. The German Bundesliga champions can qualify for the knockout phase if they win 2 out of their 4 remaining group matches.
6. Juventus: Against all odds the Italian club is leading group H with 6 points with the closest team, Chelsea football club with 3 points. 2 wins will guarantee the Turin based club passage to the next round of the competition.
Content created and supplied by: Nasagist (via Opera News )