With the trending news on the new owners of Newcastle United, it is evident that they may go far in the English Premier League.
Here are ten record transfers in Newcastle United's history.
10. Florian Thauvin was bought from Olympique Marseille for $29.0 million.
9. Aleksandar Mitrovic was bought from Anderlecht for $29.2 million.
8. Gini Wijnaldum was bought from PSV for $31.6 million.
7. Albert Luque was bought from Deportivo La Coruna for $31.6 million.
6. Alan Shearer was bought from Blackburn Rovers for $33.2 million.
5. Callum Wilson was bought from AFC Bournemouth for $35.2 million.
4. Miguel Almiron was bought from Atlanta United for $38.0 million.
3. Michael Owen was bought from Real Madrid for $39.5 million.
2. Joe Willock was bought from Arsenal for $46.5 million.
1. Joelinton was bought from 1899 Hoffenheim for $69.6 million.
They could eventually have more mind-blowing record transfers when they start signing players in the next summer transfer window.
Source: Google, Optussport on Instagram.
Photo Credit: Google, Getty Images.
Content created and supplied by: Thejournalist (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More