There have been many great sides in the history of the Premier League. These teams have a very effective starting eleven and bench.
When talking about some of the greatest sides in the Premier League in recent times, one team that comes to mind is Liverpool. They have been incredible this season and they truly deserve the Premier League title they won.
However, Liverpool's loss to Arsenal on Wednesday meant they could no longer break Manchester City's Premier League record of reaching 100 points. Manchester City reached an impressive 100 points during the 2017/2018 campaign.
According to GiveMeSport, the following are the rankings of the greatest Premier League sides of all time according to their points total. It must be noted that in the case of teams which have the same points, then goal difference would be used settle positions. Here is the ranking of 20 of the best Premier League sides:
20. Tottenham 2016/2017 (86 points)
19. Manchester City 2013/2014 (86 points)
18. Chelsea 2009/2010 (86 points)
17. Chelsea 2014/2015 (87 points)
16. Arsenal 2001/2002 (87 points)
15. Manchester United 2007/2008 (87 points)
14. Manchester United 2012/2013 (89 points)
13. Manchester United 2006/2007 (89 points)
12. Manchester United 2011/2012 (89 points)
11. Manchester City 2011/2012 (89 points)
10. Manchester United 2008/2009 (90 points)
9. Arsenal 2003/2004 (90 points)
8. Chelsea 2005/2006 (91 points)
7. Manchester United 1999-2000 (91 points)
6. Liverpool 2019/2020 (93 points after 36 games)
5. Chelsea 2016/2017 (93 points)
4. Chelsea 2004/2005 (95 points)
3. Liverpool 2018/2019 (97 points)
2. Manchester City 2018/2019 (98 points)
1. Manchester City 2017/2018 (100 points)
Please follow this page. Also like, share and comment on our posts.
Content created and supplied by: don_sergio (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More