Some of the world's richest individuals have invested in top-flight football clubs and quickly found out that owning a team is no joke.
Check out list of the five richest Premier League owners looks at arguably the biggest league in the world.
Daniel Levy is the sole owners of Tottenham Hotspur. Daniel Levy has been acting as the chairman of the club since 2001, which makes him the longest serving chairman of a English Premier League club. Daniel Levy and his family owns 29.6% of the shares of ENIC International while the remaining 70.4% belongs to his business partner Joe Lewis.
4. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and family (Leicester City) | $6 billion
Leicester City owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha is one of English football's very best, says a recent survey with over 3,000 participants.
Aiyawatt, more fondly known as 'Top', took over from his late father Vichai as chairman of both the Foxes, OH Leuven and travel retail group King Power in 2018 after tragically losing his father in a helicopter crash outside the club's stadium.
3. Stan Kroenke (Arsenal) | $10 billion
US billionaire Stan Kroenke, through KSE, has been the Gunners' majority shareholder for a decade and took full control of the club by buying out Russian oligarch Alisher Usmanov's stake in 2018.
2: Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) | $11.3 billion
Chelsea fans are jolly at the prospect of having Roman Abramovich as their owner.
Since acquiring Chelsea FC in 2003, Roman Abramovich has not shied away from spending money. Roman Abramovich is not a talkative person, but Chelsea has become one of the biggest clubs in the world under his ownership.
Ranking number 1: Sheikh Mansour (Manchester City) | $20 billion
Manchester City’s rapid rise to the elite of European football began when Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour took over the club in 2008.
In the 13 years under Sheikh Mansour, City have won five Premier League titles, two FA Cups and six EFL Cups. But even after the £2.5bn ($3.5bn) of Abu Dhabi money that has reportedly been invested in the club since Mansour’s takeover, the coveted Champions League has continued to elude the blue half of Manchester.
Content created and supplied by: Immanuel (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More