Matchday 12 in the English Premier League commences on Saturday after almost two weeks of international football.
Players would be seeking to impress, teams would be looking to get all three points, and records would be broken. Talking of records, some of them were broken on matchday 11, and in this article, we would be looking at six of them.
Without further ado, below are six of the records that were broken on matchday 11:
1. On-loan Chelsea star, Conor Gallagher has had more goal contributions than any Crystal Palace player this season. He has contributed 6 goals (4 goals and 2 assists).
2. Norwich City recorded their first win of the season in their 2-1 win against Brentford. Before this, the newly-promoted side had only gotten two points from two draws.
3. Manchester City's 2-0 win against Manchester United on matchday 11 was the Cityzens' ninth Old Trafford win. This is the highest number of away games that a team has won against the Red Devils.
4. The goal that Chelsea conceded against Burnley on matchday 11 was the first goal that the Blues have conceded from open play. The game ended 1-1.
5. Norwich City ended a run of 20 games without a win in their 2-1 win against Burnley. In this period, Norwich City had lost 18 matches and drawn 2.
6. Emile Smith-Rowe became the fourth player 21 years and younger to score in three consecutive English Premier League appearances for Arsenal. The other three are Nikolas Anelka, Jose Antonio Reyes, and Cesc Fabregas.
Like, comment, share, and follow for more informative articles.
Content created and supplied by: Johndominic01 (via Opera
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform