Arsenal has been the subject of numerous poor contractual situations for a few years now. To put this into context, it would be difficult to find any other club that would lose the likes of Mesut Ozil (42 million), Skhodran Mustafi (35 million), Sokratis Papasthatopoulos (19 million), Aaron Ramsey, Henrikh Mkhitaryan without recouping a single penny from them.
This list does not even include the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Santi Cazorla, and Jack Wilshere due to the different circumstances surrounding their departure but from a business perspective, calling this a poor contractual situation could be classified as an understatement.
Logically up to 11 players could be leaving Arsenal permanently next season but the potential loss of 5 of them for free is a mirror of the poor contractual situation that has been hanging over the club for years.
According to transfermarkt, here is a list of the five players who could be leaving the Gunners on a free transfer.
1. Alexandre Lacazette: Signed from Olympique Lyon for a fee in the region of 47 million pounds, Alexandre Lacazette is a hardworking striker with an elite ability to hold up the ball and bring his teammates into play.
Despite topping Arsenal's scoring charts last season, the French striker is set to leave the club on a free transfer next summer.
2. Mohamed Elneny: Signed from FC Basel for about 6 million pounds, the Egyptian midfielder is a solid rotational option in the centre of the pitch but his contract expires next summer and he could leave the club on a free.
3. Sead Kolasinac: The Bosnian defender recently returned from a loan move to Shalke FC. It was reported that Arsenal rejected a 3 million pounds bid from Italian club Lazio and just like the rest, his contract expires next summer.
4. Eddie Nketiah: An academy graduate from the famous Hale End Academy. Despite his huge talent and ability, the English striker is set to leave the club on a free transfer next summer. It seems odd to see Arsenal lose this player for free when Liverpool sold a youngster like him Rhian Brewster to Sheffield United for about 23 million pounds.
5. Calum Chambers: Another English defender with less than a year left on his contract. Considering the fact that English players are sold for a premium price (e.g Arsenal signed Ben White for 50 million pounds), it seems odd to even think that Arsenal could lose a player of Chambers quality on a free.
These players are worth a lot of money if Arsenal had sold them earlier and the potential loss of them for free just mirrors the club's poor contractual situation.
Content created and supplied by: Bigsagna (via Opera News )