As we edge closer to the opening of the transfer window, here is a look at the major transfer headlines making the rounds today:
- Great news for Man United fans: French star Paul Pogba is reportedly close to agreeing a new five-year deal at Old Trafford. The 27-year old had at one point been strongly linked with Juventus and Real Madrid and looked certain to leave, but he has since been part of a blossoming partnership with Bruno Fernandes. How quickly things can change.
- Daily Mirror comes up with a report that Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara is confident of a move to Liverpool. The 29-year old has been strongly linked with a transfer to Anfield.
- Here's some good and bad news for Chelsea. The Good? Bayer Leverkusen have accepted that Kai Havertz has decided on a move to Stamford Bridge. The Bad? The Bundesliga side are trying to delay the deal until August. This is according to daily star.
- The Daily Telegraph reports that Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is on the shortlist for Juventus and Inter Milan should they decide to sack their current managers by the ends of the season. But they're currently first and second on the league, so I wonder why they'll want to sack their current coaches, especially Inter.
- Speaking of Inter Milan coach, Antonio Conte will have to convince the board to agree to N'golo Kante and sign the French midfielder from Chelsea, according to SempreInter.
- Ajax Amsterdam left back Nicholas Tagliafico could be targeted by Manchester City this summer. The 27-year old Argentine has previously been touted with a move to Chelsea.
- This one will be a blow for Man United: Jude Bellingham, the Birmingham youngster linked with the Red Devils, has completed a medical at Borussia Dortmund. He will however complete the Championship season with Birmingham before moving to the Signal Iduna Park.
- Manchester City have plans to ruin Barcelona's chase for Lautaro Martinez, as they are reportedly set to go all in for the Argentine striker, whom they view as the heir to Sergio Aguero's throne.
- Eurosport reports that Manchester City have agreed personal terms with Valencia and Spanish winger Ferran Torres. They have been linked with the 20-year old for some time.
- Man United may have completed their first summer signing as they've agreed a deal for Real Madrid left back Alvaro Fernandez Carreras, with the 17-year old set to pen a four-year contract at Old Trafford.
Those are the stories making the headlines today!
Content created and supplied by: ThaRealMolos (via Opera News )